Liqui-Moly Engine Flush

Taking a break from work and I was perusing the Q&A of this product on FCP Euros website. I thought this question in particular might be helpful as it speaks to those who are concerned about things "breaking off". IMO based on the reply it makes me wonder if the product could even do what it says it does with only 10-15 mins run time.

"
Question Posted by Kate
I have a 2008 BMW with the N52 engine and would like to do an engine flush. Is Liqui Moly Engine Flush safe on a 12-year-old car with 80k? Has there been any report of oil leaks (from seals, o-rings, gaskets, or noisy lifters after engine flush? I would like to safely revitalize my BMW without causing any damage. Please advise if there are any risks or if another engine flush/clean is safe or more suitable for an older car.
Answer (Posted by FCP Euro Products Team)
No, there have been no reports of oil leaking issues after using this product. Liqui Moly's engine flush product is not a heavy chemical flush type product (which we specifically advise against using). The makeup of this flush is comprised of the same detergents and dispersants that Liqui Moly uses in their engine oils (just in a higher concentration) so it is safe to use as it gently breaks up varnish and deposit as opposed to dislodging/dissolving them instantly. It is much less aggressive compared to traditional flushes and works best when used as part of your long term car care regiment."

Taking a break from work and I was perusing the Q&A of this product on FCP Euros website. I thought this question in particular might be helpful as it speaks to those who are concerned about things "breaking off". IMO based on the reply it makes me wonder if the product could even do what it says it does with only 10-15 mins run time.

"
Question Posted by Kate
I have a 2008 BMW with the N52 engine and would like to do an engine flush. Is Liqui Moly Engine Flush safe on a 12-year-old car with 80k? Has there been any report of oil leaks (from seals, o-rings, gaskets, or noisy lifters after engine flush? I would like to safely revitalize my BMW without causing any damage. Please advise if there are any risks or if another engine flush/clean is safe or more suitable for an older car.
Answer (Posted by FCP Euro Products Team)
No, there have been no reports of oil leaking issues after using this product. Liqui Moly's engine flush product is not a heavy chemical flush type product (which we specifically advise against using). The makeup of this flush is comprised of the same detergents and dispersants that Liqui Moly uses in their engine oils (just in a higher concentration) so it is safe to use as it gently breaks up varnish and deposit as opposed to dislodging/dissolving them instantly. It is much less aggressive compared to traditional flushes and works best when used as part of your long term car care regiment."

Don't they recommend using the flush at each oil change for "best results"?

I imagine that most of their customers / users aren't doing extended oil change intervals and have clean engines anyway and the flush is simply a feel good additive / practice. I'd use it if I had extra cash to blow for fun.

Don't they recommend using the flush at each oil change for "best results"?

I imagine that most of their customers / users aren't doing extended oil change intervals and have clean engines anyway and the flush is simply a feel good additive / practice. I'd use it if I had extra cash to blow for fun.
Ya, A heavy dose of oil additives which won't hurt anything but yields little to no measurable results especially with regards to an engine maintained at factory intervals.

Ya, A heavy dose of oil additives which won't hurt anything but yields little to no measurable results especially with regards to an engine maintained at factory intervals.
I’m confused… are you for or against it? Cause your comment can go both ways from how I’m reading it. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

I used the Liqui Moly Engine Flush on my A6 3.2l engine. It has 243k miles on it and at startup it had started to have some chatter. After 15 minutes of the engine flush treatment and the annual oil change the engine is reformed.

Quite an impressive result. Should have done it at an earlier age.

I used the Liqui Moly Engine Flush on my A6 3.2l engine. It has 243k miles on it and at startup it had started to have some chatter. After 15 minutes of the engine flush treatment and the annual oil change the engine is reformed.

Quite an impressive result. Should have done it at an earlier age.
Not permitted on BITOG...to have a positive experience with anything other than just oil.
R.jpg

Last edited:
If oils do not have the corrects compounds (mainly AN and/or esters) you can change the oil every 50 miles and it won’t clean the engine.
I'm always trying to understand what folks think is unsafe about this product and process? Follow the directions. A bazillion folks have used it and I've not read about any issues.

I've used the LM engine flush once on my Sisters and her partners car that was terribly neglected. There was a marked improvement through the fill hole, I even posted some pictures up here of it!
Interesting - so before/after?

Interesting - so before/after?

Have a nose yourself!

I'm always trying to understand what folks think is unsafe about this product and process? Follow the directions. A bazillion folks have used it and I've not read about any issues.
I never said flushes were unsafe; but unless it’s got esters or AN, the flush will have to contain solvents to do anything “beneficial”. And solvents are not lubricants…

I never said flushes were unsafe; but unless it’s got esters or AN, the flush will have to contain solvents to do anything “beneficial”. And solvents are not lubricants…
I quoted the wrong post - sorry about that. The one above mentioned the term "safe" w/r to flushes and you quoted it.

"But it's safer to just do a few short OCIs instead." - how is this safer was what I was referring to.

Have a nose yourself!

Wow those look good before/after! It HAS to be something else, not the LM product....;)

20210903_174551.jpg

Would it be ok to use this flush in an old 283 Chevy motor from the 60's? When I drained the old oil it was black, no clue on OCI before. I just bought it.

Would it be ok to use this flush in an old 283 Chevy motor from the 60's? When I drained the old oil it was black, no clue on OCI before. I just bought it.

I wouldn't right away, I'd keep an eye on the new oil before flushing things and maybe consider using either Rislone or HPL Engine Cleaner before flushing. As far as flushing with anything, we're talking seals from the 60's and IDK if I'd use any flush...

Back