Liqui Moly Brake Anti-Squeal

@X15

In a couple of Russian forums they suggest Seiken CF301 is a substitute of Niglube RX-2. If they are right, then they probably have similar composition, if not identical.

I bought Seiken's product and I used it for the guide pins. I used Liqui Moly's Anti-Squeal Paste for the pads. The Anti-Squeal paste feels a bit lets say sticky on the hands and does not give the impression of a lubricant.

Is it easy to find fixed calipers for every model? The car is a last generation Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5L. I don't think fixed calipers are available for it.
I have read that people use Outlander's calipers as an upgrade. The are floating 2 piston calipers, while Lancer's are 1 piston calipers. They take the exact same pads. I'm not sure if they offer any real upgrade...

Yes, they would. Permatex Ceramic Extreme is also advertised as being appropriate for caliper pins when there are many documented cases of it causing seized pins. There's a difference between advertisement and real-world application.
Please tell me where I can see the issues with the Permatex are discussed as I just bought some. Thanks

Should I use Liqui Moly Brake Anti-Squeal for greasing caliper guiding pins?

Clearly its description mentions:

On the other hand Liqui Moly has a dedicated Brake Pin grease.

If you watch this video by Liqui Moly:

you can see that they use the first one on the pads and the second one for the pins.

So what's the deal? Can the Anti-Squeal be used as a pin lubricant or not?

Liqui Moly may well make great products, however as far as I know they do not manufacture brake components.

I have posted before that brake manufactures should be the first port of call. Example would be Bendix or similar.

Bendix Ceramasil Brake Parts Lubricant
Where do I use it?
To be most effective it should be applied to caliper hardware, pins, slides & bushes to ensure smooth operation. Also, to all metal-to-metal contact areas metal to rubber contact areas backing plates of brake pads or brake shoes between shim and backplate of brake pad.

It can be used on seals of Disc Brake caliper assemblies, all moving caliper hardware, rubber components, backing plates, shims, and Brake Shoe assemblies. It meets the Japanese rubber compatibility standard JIS K 2228 with EPDM & Nitrile rubbers.

Please tell me where I can see the issues with the Permatex are discussed as I just bought some. Thanks
Here is a video discussing the issue.

You can also check online on various vehicle forums where there will be reports of non silicone based greases causing swelling in brake calipers that use rubber bushings. There's a reason why the Japanese car manufacturers have a JIS rubber compatibility specification for OEM Toyota white lithium brake grease and the various rebranded Niglube greases that are silicone based.

Companies are simply coming up with "specific" products that are all the same, just in a different color/packaging, trying to milk the customers/inexperienced mechanics.
I mean, four "different" products for a simple brake job :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 170015

All of this nonsense stuff is easily replaced by silicone grease and anti seize.

Agreed. There are various manufacturer TSBs specifying antiseize on the pad and caliper contact points to prevent squealing or squeaking.

Guide pins are either dry or silicone only for me. BMW's factory service manual states no grease whatsoever on ATE guide pins; however, I've noticed that the guide pins on ATE calipers have silicone from the factory whenever I do the first brake servicing so either way seems to be acceptable.

EBC has this product called Caliper Lube which is copper colored, so I guess it contains copper. I have used it in the past without any issues, without any problems with the pins' rubber boots.

Be careful.

The copper grease I use doesn't swell rubber either, but my employer supplied another and that one swells seals like an air compressor swells balloons. The one I use doesn't dry out either while the other one does.

Stick with what works, don't assume they all do.

The high temperature ratings are borderline silly - brakes never get that hot during normal driving anyway.

Every year there's some stories in the paper of cars that burned their brakes going through the mountains. Sometimes even on new cars. I also know of customers that go through a set of OE brake pads in 10k miles without going through mountains. Don't assume anything

Be careful.

The copper grease I use doesn't swell rubber either, but my employer supplied another and that one swells seals like an air compressor swells balloons. The one I use doesn't dry out either while the other one does.

Stick with what works, don't assume they all do.
EBC states that it is compatible with rubber. The result proves they are right. I had no problems with it. (I only have used it once or twice, because it was included in the box along with EBC pads).

Every year there's some stories in the paper of cars that burned their brakes going through the mountains. Sometimes even on new cars. I also know of customers that go through a set of OE brake pads in 10k miles without going through mountains. Don't assume anything
Still the temperature of overheated brakes is not in the thousands, when we talk about materials used is stock brakes. Some greases and pastes are rated for temperatures over 1,000 degrees which mostly concern racing or exotic / sports cars with ceramic or carbon fiber brakes.

EBC states that it is compatible with rubber. The result proves they are right. I had no problems with it. (I only have used it once or twice, because it was included in the box along with EBC pads).

Still the temperature of overheated brakes is not in the thousands, when we talk about materials used is stock brakes. Some greases and pastes are rated for temperatures over 1,000 degrees which mostly concern racing or exotic / sports cars with ceramic or carbon fiber brakes.

I mean, if this works sticks with it, or get something else that's known to work. The one I use works too but it isn't listed as compatible with rubber. Yes the upper temperature limit listed is more than needed at 1100°C, the lower is -30°C (which is colder than it's been here since the last ice age at least). More important is that the grease doesn't dry out

I mean, if this works sticks with it, or get something else that's known to work. The one I use works too but it isn't listed as compatible with rubber. Yes the upper temperature limit listed is more than needed at 1100°C, the lower is -30°C (which is colder than it's been here since the last ice age at least). More important is that the grease doesn't dry out
Mitsubishi recommends Niglube RX-2 grease for the pins of the calipers. Since I can't find that specific one in Greece I bought Seiken CF301 which is equivalent.

I was a mitsubishi dealer mechanic for years.

I used a silicone grease for the pins. Don't like the original supplied grease as it just doesn't last. Eventually the rubber swells and/or the grease dries out. Silicone grease is apply and forget.

Back