Linux Mint Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: badtlc
You should have went straight to the Mint forums. They cover things very well why viruses are not an issue for Linux but user error is always a concern.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=31723

It also explains lack of defragging in Linux.

I thought of that when starting this thread, but I have been part of this community a long time and get most of my computer info here. When I find something that works I tend to try to repeat the experience.

Thanks to everyone for your guidance!

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
I thought of that when starting this thread, but I have been part of this community a long time and get most of my computer info here. When I find something that works I tend to try to repeat the experience.

Both the Mint and Ubuntu forums are filled with extremely generous people and the code of conduct at both places usually makes for a positive experience.

When time permits I will check it out. I finally got my Windows 7 work computer up and running except it is still doing critical updates.

It is amazing to turn on my Mint machine and get online in little time. With 2 GB of Ram it is fast.

I was a little intimidated by having to input commands to install my HP Laserjet.

I have an XP computer that needs Windows 7 for the lady of the house. There goes another weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back