Light polish and wax all-in-one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to prepare two new car paint jobs for a Seattle winter. Both these cars spent a couple of weeks in the outdoors prior to delivery, and as a result, the paint feels contaminated and rough. I plan to nano scrub them both this weekend and finish with an as yet unknown product. Looking for an all-in-one product that I can apply and forget about until springtime. The vehicles are a Honda CRV and aToyota Tacoma. Any suggestions?

Wash with Dawn

Iron-X or similar

Nanoskin like you mentioned.

NuFinish, Klass AIO, or Duragloss #101,

Will you be applying by machine or hand? It makes a difference in the proper recommendation.

Edit: sorry didn't get the full context first time I read. If they're new vehicles you shouldn't need polish but you'll definitely want to go over the finish with a Nanoskin Autoscrub product. After that consider Collinite 845, it's standard among many detailers, or try a sealant like Menzerna Powerlock.

Last edited:
Poorboy's World Polish with Sealant (PwS). Advertised to last up to 4 months. You can also top it off with another sealant/wax of your choice.

I used a PC7424XP with Lake Country Crimson pad. Removed a lot of micro swirls on my black Honda paint.

Last edited:
Klasse all in one , super easy to apply and buff off and very durable, says will last up to 6 months or 1 year if top with klasse sealant

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Thanks. This is a very generous group.
I plan to do this all by hand.

Ok! You'll want:

This: (it's expensive but if you keep up with your cars appearance it's worth it, you'll also need some lube/QD spray with it)
http://www.detailersdomain.com/NanoSkin-Autoscrub-Fine-Grade-Wash-Mitt_p_908.html

This:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-No-845_p_264.html

or

This:
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Menzerna-Power-Lock-Sealant-16-oz_p_323.html

Post a couple pics when you're done!

Last edited:
All of the mentioned products can be used by hand. It just won't be able to cleanse/correct very minor swirls as much when used with a machine.

For example, PwS is advertised as both a glaze/sealant when used by hand and light polish and sealant in one when used with a DA.

If you use nanoscrub, you don't really need an AIO. Top with Collinite 845. If you still want your AIO, DG 501 or 101 work great.

Originally Posted By: onemig
All of the mentioned products can be used by hand. It just won't be able to cleanse/correct very minor swirls as much when used with a machine.

For example, PwS is advertised as both a glaze/sealant when used by hand and light polish and sealant in one when used with a DA.

Good points. I'd hope a brand new car doesn't have many if any swirls on it which is why I'd shy away from polish (if you don't know what you're doing you can add more than you take away). If there are swirls, a machine is the only way to get rid of them.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: onemig

Good points. I'd hope a brand new car doesn't have many if any swirls on it which is why I'd shy away from polish (if you don't know what you're doing you can add more than you take away). If there are swirls, a machine is the only way to get rid of them.

True. If one is not paying attention on the product's work time or does not know how to visually judge if the product is beginning to dry/flash while applying by a DA, you could be machining away on your paint with a dry pad thus inducing more swirl.

It depends on what the OP really wants I guess. If all he wants is protection, do all the necessary decontamination process then apply LSP by hand.

All good suggestions. Were they my cars it would be clay/nanoskin and Duragloss #105. If I couldn't wait for an online order to arrive it would be clay followed by NuFinish liquid.

Thanks for all the great suggestions.
I've got Collinite 845 and a Nanoscrub fine sponge on the way. You guys are wonderful.

Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Thanks for all the great suggestions.
I've got Collinite 845 and a Nanoscrub fine sponge on the way. You guys are wonderful.

Remember you'll need some kind of lube for the Autoscrub sponge, any QD spray will do. Make sure you have a pack of fresh MF towels on-hand and have at it.

Yes, read the link RTexasF posted. I used my 845 last week and kept it in warm water while I was using it, shaking it each time I needed to apply it to my pad. During the summer this is not an issue. And always with 845, keep the application very thin.

Post pics when you're finished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back