Lifestyles of the shanty dwellers; garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Old Coot, you really gotta collect and organize your tales and musings. You have already written down a large number, addressing a plethora of topics, so you are in fact partially done (if you kept copies!). Get a book published and get meager royalties for decades. Better than no royalties. I'd buy your book.

Quote:

By the way, Old Coot, you really gotta collect and organize your tales and musings. You have already written down a large number, addressing a plethora of topics, so you are in fact partially done (if you kept copies!). Get a book published and get meager royalties for decades. Better than no royalties. I'd buy your book.

Thanks, that is quite a compliment. I've also had a lot of the school kids tell me the same or similar. I use true experience tales to reinforce school lessons and/or to convey morals in an acceptable manner. Gotta' be careful in the classroom, legal reasons and moral!!! I am not there to indoctrinate but some moral lessons are broad enough that one can avoid "preaching" yet convey knowledge/information that might help a kid some day.

I can see it now (thought cloud)

010805curry.jpg

We're here today with author obbop to discuss his new book, that has just hit the best seller list, "Musings from the Shanty by Coot"

Welcome to the show.

imgBuddyBig1.gif

Thank you, Ann. It's good to be here. This is quite a departure from shanty life. The coffee and pastries are very good in the waiting area. Best I've had in months.

main1.jpg

Can you tell us just a little about shanty life ..and just what inspired you to share this experience with others?

imgBuddyBig1.gif

Well, Ann, shanty life is both a blessing and a curse. It's a minimalist existence ..yet full of bounty ...treasures. Taxing, yet rewarding.

acurrytodayshow.jpg

Hmmm...those are some curious contradictions there, obbop ..care to elaborate further?

imgBuddyBig1.gif

It's more about the journey that one takes to appreciate shanty life, Ann. The discovery of the true joys of life ..and the abandonment of material acquisition as a substitute for internal peace and tranquility.

Curry_nbctoday.png

So, we're actually viewing a new, emerging, philosophy here. Is that correct?

imgBuddyBig1.gif

Well, that's hard to say, Ann. Really, I was just exposing some internet pals to my humble living arrangements and they suggested writing it all down in print. So, ...I did.

200px-Curry_nbctoday.png

Internet pals? Can you explain? Just how did you meet these internet pals?

imgBuddyBig1.gif

They're all members of a message board that discusses oil and other aspects of lubrication. An "Oil board", if you will.

x_anncurry2.jpg

I see ...unfortunately we've run out of time. Obbop and "Musings from the Shanty". Good luck.

imgBuddyBig1.gif

Thanks for having me, Ann. Can I get some more coffee and a few more pastries for the road?

30350_ann_440lo.jpg

Absolutely! Al's even brought one of his frozen pizzas for you. This is from before his gastric bypass surgery. See?

With_Al_Roker.jpg

imgBuddyBig1.gif

Bless thee for such generosity toward your fellow man. I'm humbled by your humanity..

Quote:

Quote:

Ties suck.

Handy, though, for when you are eating and get sloppy and no napkin is around. Just use the back of the tie to wipe the mug clean.

Don't they say every thorn has its rose?
wink.gif

I've never worn a tie. Not once. I've been accused of being disrespectful because of it. Didn't know that showing ones neck was still considered an affront in the 21st century.
tounge2.gif

Heh heh, I own several ties, one is the type that has to be tied. Wear it to weddings and funerals. Wife insists. The rest are clipons, worn with 3 piece business suit for all the 27 years I worked for major international corporation.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back