Lexus NX 2017-2021 Generation Questions?

The wife is looking at getting one of this cars. Do you know of any common problems with this generation of cars.

She drove one and like it very much.

I don't think that you can go wrong with any year of NX but that's just me.

According to Consumer Reports

Road Test:
The Lexus recipe for success: Hide the Toyota mass-market roots under the Lexus logo by filling a car with amenities and luxury trappings, a more supple ride, and a quiet, soothing cabin. Even a pro can't sniff out the Camry beneath an ES sedan. But with the new, compact NX, the souffle falls. The car doesn't coddle you like the wildly successful Lexus RX -- the midsized crossover vehicle that started the whole craze. Nor does it thrill you with BMW-like handling. It just feels like an upmarket Toyota RAV4.

Highs
x
Lexus' reputation of reliability
xThe NX 300h hybrid gets excellent fuel economy
xRelatively agile -- handles better than the traditional Lexus

Lows
x
Lousy visibility, especially to the rear and sides
xAnnoying touchpad infotainment/navigation system contro
xSnug driving position
xTight cargo space
xHybrid version is rather expensive, plus feels and sounds underpowered

Reliability 87/100
Customer Satisfaction 3/5

Thanks for the comments, the infotainment problem not a big deal w/ are much into tech.

I like a few things so far dual injection, 6 speed trans and turbo is fun.

Have they moved away from DI (Direct Injection) on these newer engines? If not then higher fuel contamination in the oil but generally has been just fine with a few exceptions.

Have they moved away from DI (Direct Injection) on these newer engines? If not then higher fuel contamination in the oil but generally has been just fine with a few exceptions.
Toyota uses dual injection port and direct injection. I still plan on pulling an oil sample next spring after the winter run.
I kike to see if their is any oil dilution.

Back