Lexus GDI V6 recommendations

2GR-FKS has dual injection.
I know, but an oil catch can still helps. It prevents the accumulation of carbon deposits. Not all PCV systems and engines are created equal. I even run catch cans on MPI engines, and I do get oil accumulated in them. No water, because I run them close to the engine and they get hot.

repackaged Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX
Which is Shell Helinx Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W-30.

I know, but an oil catch can still helps. It prevents the accumulation of carbon deposits. Not all PCV systems and engines are created equal. I even run catch cans on MPI engines, and I do get oil accumulated in them. No water, because I run them close to the engine and they get hot.

Which is Shell Helinx Ultra ECT C2/C3 0W-30.
I do not think we need to complicate things around this engine. It is easy on oil, it is dual injection.
Yes, I know it is Shell.

I do not think we need to complicate things around this engine. It is easy on oil, it is dual injection.
You're right. I don't know how easy it would be to install on that engine. It depends where the PCV valve is located, etc.

The 1MZ-FE needs one, the 2GR-FKS doesnt.

Castrol edge
1710264233669.jpg

The OP clearly stated that he wanted "the best oil" for his Lexus.

thanks all i decided to go with Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 which was the cheapest and has the API SP seal lexus requires.

I have heard of fuel dilution on these engines because of direct injection. and carbon build up from evaporation. i want to just do the oil change and never check the levels again until next service.

higher power means more heat, more dilution from higher fuel flow, and higher peak temperatures. therefore more evaporation and breakdown of oil specially under load in stop and go traffic hauling 4,000lbs of weight.
Checking the oil is a good thing for ANY engine.
Pop the hood, see what's going on under there. Check fluids......ect.

higher power means more heat, more dilution from higher fuel flow, and higher peak temperatures. therefore more evaporation and breakdown of oil specially under load in stop and go traffic hauling 4,000lbs of weight.
What does this statement have to do with your situation? @edyvw told you that your engine has both injection systems so fuel dilution shouldn't be a concern. Also, hauling 4k lbs. with this car? As confirmed, use the ESP, it's got sufficient HT/HS which will help the wear problem from high oil temps.

Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30. It works great year-round, you can buy it at Autozone with the filter combo. If you don't like the filter, return it, and the oil will cost the same as vanilla Mobil 1.

Secondary choices:
Mobil 1 Euro FS 5W-30
Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-30

If you can afford to spend more, I would go with HPL Super Car 0W-30 or HPL NO-VII Euro 5W-30.

I wouldn't go all the way up to a 0W-40 or 5W-40 in that engine. It won't harm anything, but there's just no reason to. A 0W-30, even a thick one, will offer you the best protection and fuel economy.
This is why I love this site! I’ve wanted to try the Mobil1 ESP but didn’t realize I could buy it at Autozone at $37 bucks for 5 quarts with a filter. That’s a lot better than the $10 dollar per quart prices I was seeing at Walmart. When including the filter it’s really comes out around to $5.50 a quart for the ESP.

Now I just have to decide if I want the 5W30 or 0W30 for my 2GRFE.

This is why I love this site! I’ve wanted to try the Mobil1 ESP but didn’t realize I could buy it at Autozone at $37 bucks for 5 quarts with a filter. That’s a lot better than the $10 dollar per quart prices I was seeing at Walmart. When including the filter it’s really comes out around to $5.50 a quart for the ESP.

Now I just have to decide if I want the 5W30 or 0W30 for my 2GRFE.
In 2GR-FE, you won't see any benefits of ESP. It is port injection and actually easier on oil than 2GR-FKS.
I ran regular Mobil1 5W30 in my Sienna with 2GR-FE for 10,000mls, and I drove that car the same as my BMW, hard (well, as much as it could do). UOA was stellar.

In 2GR-FE, you won't see any benefits of ESP. It is port injection and actually easier on oil than 2GR-FKS.
I ran regular Mobil1 5W30 in my Sienna with 2GR-FE for 10,000mls, and I drove that car the same as my BMW, hard (well, as much as it could do). UOA was stellar.
Yeah, I figured I wouldn’t receive any added benefit, but with a starting oxidation level at 31 I figure it has esters and PAO in it (and I’m a sucker for that).

I just bought some at Autozone, two jugs and two filters for $71 bucks. I look at that as a bargain…under $6 bucks a quart.

Would you consider the ESP a better oil than regular Mobil1? I usually will use regular 5W30 Mobil1, but with this being about equal in price I figured it was “better”. Not sure. I do 10,000 mile intervals.

Yeah, I figured I wouldn’t receive any added benefit, but with a starting oxidation level at 31 I figure it has esters and PAO in it (and I’m a sucker for that).

I just bought some at Autozone, two jugs and two filters for $71 bucks. I look at that as a bargain…under $6 bucks a quart.

Would you consider the ESP a better oil than regular Mobil1? I usually will use regular 5W30 Mobil1, but with this being about equal in price I figured it was “better”. Not sure. I do 10,000 mile intervals.
It is conditionally better oil. If you put regular Mobil1 in my BMW, ESP will outperform it because. various factors, like much higher heat retention in N52 compared to 2GR-FE.
But in 2GR-FE, being "cold" engine, I would prefer thinner stuff (not too thin like 0W20, I used that twice I think). Also, ESP has high HTHS, which means more drag. So, you will create bit more drag (not sure you will notice) for no real benefit.
I think the most important thing is the final outcome, not as much as what is inside.
That being said, I also used M1 0W40 in 2GR-FE, just out of curiosity, like you.

It is conditionally better oil. If you put regular Mobil1 in my BMW, ESP will outperform it because. various factors, like much higher heat retention in N52 compared to 2GR-FE.
But in 2GR-FE, being "cold" engine, I would prefer thinner stuff (not too thin like 0W20, I used that twice I think). Also, ESP has high HTHS, which means more drag. So, you will create bit more drag (not sure you will notice) for no real benefit.
I think the most important thing is the final outcome, not as much as what is inside.
That being said, I also used M1 0W40 in 2GR-FE, just out of curiosity, like you.
It’s funny, I did consider running the Mobil1 0W40 FS in this thing. Always wanted to try the ESP but locally it’s usually $10+ bucks a quart where I am. Little did I realize I could get this deal at my local Autozone right down the street (thanks to this thread).

I like the MB/Porsche approvals. Obviously I’m not worried about LSPI in the 2GRFE, so I’m not too concerned that I’m using a European oil that isn’t carrying SP approvals. As far as the outcome over what’s inside, I look at it this way…they all have to meet the outcome approvals/certifications, but the ingredients used to get there will allow the oil to stay at the desired outcome a little longer (longer interval, maybe cleaner engine, while doing it under tougher driving conditions). Maybe. If that makes sense.

Well, you changed my mind. Just went to Autozone and returned it. I’m sure it would have been fine, but for what I do (10,000 mile intervals, highway commute) didn’t make much sense. Ended up buying PUP 5W30 off Amazon on sale.

Back