Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari?

Shame he's not just outright retiring.
Eh, I think whichever other driver is still at Ferrari, will not be anticipating an easy season staying ahead of Lewis... Unless the car is hopeless, then Lewis might mail it in for a year and retire, but I doubt that even, he will want to still beat his teammate.

I'd like to see Lewis and Fernando back at Ferrari, and the car equal with the Redbull with Max and Leclerc! That would makes some interesting storylines and championship!

Don't know how I feel about all this. Lot's of moving parts and ramifications. I'll wait 'til the dust settles.

It's weird that there are only 3 PU's available (Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault) for 2nd tier teams to use.
I'd guess they simply don't have the expertise. Williams has always used other company's engines or has for a long time. Remember Cosworth ? While Aston Martin and McLaren are vehicle manufacturers, they're small in the grand scheme of things so engine production isn't feasible. Alfa Romeo is 100% branding and has nothing to do with the automobile company except for marketing. Haas, well, they just buy parts and build a kit F1 car.

Gunther did leave but was asked to leave by Haas if news reports are to be believed. I do know that the Haas team is not competitive using the formula they do, buying their PU from Ferrari and other bits on the open market. They don't have the budget to be a top ten team.

His contract expired, and wasn't renewed.

Gene thinks they could have gotten better results for the spend they made.

Gene apparently thinks that promoting the guy in charge of the only major update package they made last season, which made the car slower, will lead to better results.

Gene's Team Rolling B2B Billboard will probably continue to flounder.

LeClerc 1-yr deal I think. Sainz to Audi.

The Monégasque just signed a new extended deal, though there are sure to be some exit clauses. Sainz is the one going into a lame duck season.

F1 was the obsession of Audi's previous regime. There have been rumors of cold feet, but the new one says they remain committed.

Wow. Amazing that Hammy would leave Mercedes. I thought he was going to retire from there. He has nothing left to prove in the sport, and I don't think he's been the same since he was robbed of his 8th championship. 2025 is going to be a null year due to it being the last of the current formula. The true value of the Hamilton/Ferrari teaming won't become obvious until 2026, by which time I think he'll just be going through the motions.

Some people are taking it better than others

1707021972274.jpg

1707021925081.jpg

What about Carlos?

Wow. Amazing that Hammy would leave Mercedes. I thought he was going to retire from there. He has nothing left to prove in the sport, and I don't think he's been the same since he was robbed of his 8th championship. 2025 is going to be a null year due to it being the last of the current formula. The true value of the Hamilton/Ferrari teaming won't become obvious until 2026, by which time I think he'll just be going through the motions.
Who robbed him?

Agree 100%

Shame he's not just outright retiring.
From what I heard Ferrari is going to pay him $85 MILLION a year. So why should he retire? He gets to check 2 boxes at once. 1 - having driven for Ferrari on his resume. (Which every F1 driver wants, in addition to winning Monaco).

And 2 - Banking a ridiculously large paycheck for doing it. Not to mention possibly driving for a team that is capable of giving him an unprecedented 8th world driving championship.

Especially when you consider everyone will be starting from scratch when there is a major rules change coming into play in 2024.

From what I heard Ferrari is going to pay him $85 MILLION a year. So why should he retire? He gets to check 2 boxes at once. 1 - having driven for Ferrari on his resume. (Which every F1 driver wants, in addition to winning Monaco).

And 2 - Banking a ridiculously large paycheck for doing it. Not to mention possibly driving for a team that is capable of giving him an unprecedented 8th world driving championship.

Especially when you consider everyone will be starting from scratch when there is a major rules change coming into play in 2024.
Ferrari's last F1 championship was in 2007. I doubt that Hammy can win one there. In recent years, their race strategies and pit calls have repeatedly shown they are most capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Ferrari's last F1 championship was in 2007. I doubt that Hammy can win one there. In recent years, their race strategies and pit calls have repeatedly shown they are most capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Ferrari needs to have cars which can finish a race before they worry about winning championships.;)

Oh this will answer the age old question, is Hamiltons success as a result of the team or purely his skill?
What do you think. You’re talking about a guy that could have had a world championship his rookie year.
I wonder why it wasn’t maybe an uproar on a young mutt kid shaming all that’s ever been.
If you believe Ham is good cause of a car. You’ve forgotten who he was and where he came from

What do you think. You’re talking about a guy that could have had a world championship his rookie year.
I wonder why it wasn’t maybe an uproar on a young mutt kid shaming all that’s ever been.
If you believe Ham is good cause of a car. You’ve forgotten who he was and where he came from
Ok

It’s all Max. Not RB.

It was all Schumacher not Ferrari.

Back