Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Anybody have experience with this? Was thinking it would be a good replacement for the iron sights presently on my Derya MK-12 semi shotgun.

Not the Leupold, sorry.

I will say that I'm finding red dots very nice as I get older and my vision gets worse. Faster on target and shooting tighter groups with red dot as opposed to iron sights.

What specifically are you wanting to accomplish with the switch from irons?

How are you using the Derya?

Originally Posted By: 2016Accord
Not the Leupold, sorry.

I will say that I'm finding red dots very nice as I get older and my vision gets worse. Faster on target and shooting tighter groups with red dot as opposed to iron sights.

What specifically are you wanting to accomplish with the switch from irons?

How are you using the Derya?

Pretty much exactly what you describe is what I'm looking for, quicker target acquisition, and something a bit nicer than the big flip-up iron sights that came with it.

I'm using the Derya as a bush gun primarily. 00 buck is what's flying out of it most of the time.

I have a friend who hunts wild hogs down in the Big Thicket of SE Texas, which is very dense brush. They are fast, visibility is limited, and distances are short, so you have to be fast on target. He has switched to a red dot with good results.

Seems like a red dot would be great for your application, but of course it comes down to personal preference.

I picked up a Bushnell TRS-25 on sale for less than $60 a while back. You might find a similar deal on a cheap red dot just to see how they work for you before you drop $$ on a nice one.

Last edited:
thumbsup2.gif
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back