Let's talk Stanley cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd love a all Canadian Stanley cup
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

True hockey fans like yourself wouldn't mind but l'm sure NBC would rather have a headache that would knockout a rhino.

24 years and counting since a CDN team won. Definitely overdue.

Yep, I remember well that Canadiens team beating Barry Melrose LA KINGS. Also I remember history and this was the "centennial" or 100th anniversary of the stanley cup
smile.gif

I could care less about Gary "Buttmans" policies too
frown.gif

Yeah don't remind me. That was the year my beloved Leafs almost made it to the finals on that controversial Gretzky non-call.

Can't wait for Monday. Too bad for NBA fans who have to wait until Thurs. Three days' between NBA games in a less physically demanding sport; what's with that?

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Yeah don't remind me. That was the year my beloved Leafs almost made it to the finals on that controversial Gretzky non-call.

Can't wait for Monday. Too bad for NBA fans who have to wait until Thurs. Three days' between NBA games in a less physically demanding sport; what's with that?

Sorry about bad memory.

Yeah, hockey players take a beating and every other day off gotta suck. Least between game 2 and 3 of cup finals teams get 2 days off
wink.gif

smile.gif

True hockey fans like yourself wouldn't mind but l'm sure NBC would rather have a headache that would knockout a rhino.

IDK, I mean Pittsburgh and Nashville ain't hockey hotbeds despite how good their respective teams are. More people will be watching around Buffalo-Niagara, NY than in Nashville I think...

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
smile.gif

IDK, I mean Pittsburgh and Nashville ain't hockey hotbeds despite how good their respective teams are. More people will be watching around Buffalo-Niagara, NY than in Nashville I think...

Pittsburgh had a team way back like in 1920's or 30's sir.

Nashville isn't a hockey town, which is why Atlanta Thrashers didn't last
wink.gif

wink.gif

Hockey in Nashville can be viable as long as the Predators continue to stay competitive. David Poile has done an outstanding job overall with this organization. The economy and population is trending upward in Nashville, which is great. I personally love the city of Nashville. Been there twice. I only wish it was a little closer to where I live.

The Thrashers failed because they were awful for all those years in Atlanta. The Jets have improved since moving to Winnipeg, but only marginally. The big difference? Winnipeg is a hockey town, Atlanta isn't.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Well, at least they're still going. Oddly enough, I was reading a story how the Edmonton fans are in favour of getting rid of Eberle now, of all things.

Eberle is the new whipping boy since Justin Schultz was jettisoned out of Edmonton. That won't last, however, as Eberle won't be in an Edmonton uniform when training camp starts. He's still a good player, but not everyone can adapt to McLellan's system. New Jersey, Carolina or Buffalo may be a good fit for Ebs. Lots of cap space on all three of those teams.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
smile.gif

wink.gif

I know Pittsburgh and Erie love their hockey, but the highest rated TV market in the U.S. is consistently the Buffalo area. Nowhere else in the U.S. that has a team that consistently [censored] up, like the Sabres in missing the playoffs do, has such overall ratings for NBCSN and even CBC broadcasts..

Originally Posted By: sir1900

wink.gif

Hockey in Nashville can be viable as long as the Predators continue to stay competitive. David Poile has done an outstanding job overall with this organization. The economy and population is trending upward in Nashville, which is great. I personally love the city of Nashville. Been there twice. I only wish it was a little closer to where I live.

The Thrashers failed because they were awful for all those years in Atlanta. The Jets have improved since moving to Winnipeg, but only marginally. The big difference? Winnipeg is a hockey town, Atlanta isn't.

There are a lot of transplants there that also drive the market, and not much in close by direct competition I'm guessing...

No, you're correct, Northern PA is certainly a hockey hotbed. I don't think to many parents are taking their kids to rinks in Nashville at 4am, but what do I know?...

I gotcha. I like hockey myself. Nashville is more country music and barbecue I think
wink.gif

Of course it is, but hockey is the only game in town. You can eat BBQ and listen to country music while tailgating....

Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that getting to a Titans game is a bit of PITA....

If I were Nashville, I'd be looking for answers right now. Outplay a "regenerating" Penguins team short on players and Predators down 0-2
wink.gif

We shall see though
wink.gif

GO PENGUINS!!

A stat to consider Pens fans - even with all the hype about the Preds' home record, Pittsburgh is 4-1 last five games in Nashville.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back