Lets talk about truck leveling kits.

Thinking about getting a leveling kit for my 2016 Sierra. Nothing extreme. Just a 2.5" in front and a 2" in rear. Looking at Motofab. I don't off road so it's mainly for looks. Want to keep everything else stock. Although I might upgrade the shocks. Anyone have experiences with these....good or bad??

I think you need at least +1-2" up front to level it. Sounds like you're doing a 2" lift and decreasing the rake 1/2".

Find a level spot, put a level on a bedrail and jack up the front until the bed is level and measure it , before and after on the front fender lip, then you'll know.

I leveled a couple of trucks the other way, lowering the back 1.5" with longer shackles since I didn't want the truck higher. You're in Tx so higher is better.;)

Last edited:
I went with 3" in the front and 2" in the rear of my F150 and run 33.5" Kenda Klever RT tires.

It sits level and rides great. My primary reason was for additional clearance doing arborist work and towing my Jeep or quads on trails.

Keep in mind that when you 'level' by only lifting the front you'll wind up with a rear squat when you carry a load, tow a heavy trailer, etc. I added an inch to the rear of my Colorado when I did the 2" level in front. Got the tire clearance I needed and looks better IMHO.

^^^. This. It will stink at truck work if you level it flat. I would leave at least a 1“ rake if you level it. If you tow at all, don’t do it, as it adds that much for difficulty getting a load dialed in right. I did it once and it looked great but was a pain towing with a heavy trailer. Now, knowing that, when I see a leveled truck, I see a guy like me who didn’t know any better.

Back