Let's see your oil stash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to hold out as long as I could but it's of no use. Ended up finding deals here and there and ended up building up quite a bit of oil in the apartment. If I follow my 7500 mile OCI, looks like I'll be good for 45000 miles. That's another... 2-3 years for me. That's also not including that another case of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum from one of the marketing teams here. I'll need to use their oil for my next oil change so I can pick up the 2nd case.

I got roughly 12 quarts of M1EP for free as Amazon had some crazy shipping issues for my order and I guess after being a prime member as long as it's been out, they just gifted me the oil. How nice of them.

n7nWFlU.jpg

COSE1wo.jpg

Last edited:
Up until recently never had a stash. Couldn't pass up some recent deals so now have:

3 jugs of Mobil 5000.

13 quarts of Valvoline Synpower

3 quarts of Havoline

1 quart of Castrol Magnatec

33 quarts total. Pardon no picture, right now the stash is in the garage.

Originally Posted By: jayg
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2538386/1

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703580

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3138842

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1134494

Maybe we can just add it to one of the other existing threads?

I wouldn't care if mods decided to put them together but why? Those threads are dead and some were posted almost a decade ago. I can understand your reasoning but seeing how its been a couple years since even the latest post, it'll be okay.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: r34dy2fly
n7nWFlU.jpg

It's nice to see you keep all your oils together.
lol.gif

wink.gif

One of the downsides of living in NYC with tiny apartments and closets. Counting the day I can move outta here towards the mid-west.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
n7nWFlU.jpg

It's nice to see you keep all your oils together.
lol.gif

the Fish oil is a nice touch!

Might want to cover up your personal information on that yellow envelope. It's got your name and other info (like the last 4 of your SSN). Looks like you had a birthday not too long ago.....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SpeedyG75VW
Might want to cover up your personal information on that yellow envelope. It's got your name and other info (like the last 4 of your SSN). Looks like you had a birthday not too long ago.....
smile.gif

Yeh ready2fly stop posting high res pics

Got tired of writing down what I had so I made an Excel spreadsheet. Quart numbers for HDMO is a little bit off but its close to what I have.

BxxKssk.png

Originally Posted By: GRWOil

Can't wait till I move out of here and into a house with a garage.

Originally Posted By: GRWOil

Can't wait till I move out of here and into a house with a garage.

That's out in my barn. 40'X 60', two floors. Just put Air conditioning and heat in this fall!

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Isn't it a bad idea to have oil stored in a non temperature controlled environment? Especially during winter months ?

I store 5-6 quarts in the sump of my truck during the winter months, its not temperature controlled!
grin2.gif

If the bottles are sealed , i see no problem. The only issue is opened bottles that might have some condensation. But really how much condensation could happen in a closed 1/2 bottle of oil? How much moisture could a 1/2 bottle of air have?

I've used up my stash, and have not found enough at the right price to restock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: E150GT
Isn't it a bad idea to have oil stored in a non temperature controlled environment? Especially during winter months ?

I store 5-6 quarts in the sump of my truck during the winter months, its not temperature controlled!
grin2.gif

Yeah me too. I do plan to change it come March though. That is if I can fix the truck before then. Stupid thing left me stranded on the highway last night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back