Lets see the cars!!!!

The tow pig. :)

116745718_10220541465039936_379805243135381150_o.jpg

I had two TR6s back in my younger days. Both of them were lots of fun and, contrary to popular belief, extremely reliable.

Scott
Mine has been great also. One does have to keep up on maintenance and be a bit pro-active with addressing certain weak areas. I find the cars, being so analog and direct, 'communicate' developing issues well; a slight hesitation here, new flicker of the voltmeter there, maybe a rumble that wasn't there last week alert you to things before they become a crisis.

Mine has been great also. One does have to keep up on maintenance and be a bit pro-active with addressing certain weak areas. I find the cars, being so analog and direct, 'communicate' developing issues well; a slight hesitation here, new flicker of the voltmeter there, maybe a rumble that wasn't there last week alert you to things before they become a crisis.
Both of my TR6s (a '69 and a '71) were as dependable as the most reliable new cars sold today. This is me in my second TR (the '71) at the "Duel at De Anza" autocross in Cupertino CA, mid '70s. I bought it with 12K miles on it and sold it with 156K. I proposed to my wife in this car at Pescadero State Beach in California.

Incredibly, the car is still alive and well. It still has the original paint and interior!

Scott

PS Check out the long hair. Out of character in the big scheme of my life.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
All washed after a recent trip to the desert. Lost a wheel cap but bought a new one.

View attachment 54557
View attachment 54558
Every single time I see an XJ, that is stock or close to stock, I get very excited. IDK, but something about it looks very nice and balanced, almost like an ultimate SUV. Just really tired of seeing XJs that are jacked up 6ft in the air and rolling on 50" tires, with rednecks screaming something about rock crawling out of the window, while they pour beer on their radiators, trying to cool off the 4.0L... Ugh.. A stock-ish and balanced XJ is very refreshing. Keep it up!

Every single time I see an XJ, that is stock or close to stock, I get very excited. IDK, but something about it looks very nice and balanced, almost like an ultimate SUV. Just really tired of seeing XJs that are jacked up 6ft in the air and rolling on 50" tires, with rednecks screaming something about rock crawling out of the window, while they pour beer on their radiators, trying to cool off the 4.0L... Ugh.. A stock-ish and balanced XJ is very refreshing. Keep it up!
It was my grandpa's and I'm keeping it forever, I will never get rid of it. At one point I wanted to lift it, put bigger tires on it etc. but I don't want to ruin how well it drives so it'll stay stock. If I want a lifted Jeep I'll buy another to go with it. This one can stay mostly stock.

Back