Les Schwab flub.

Took my 17 Regal GS into LS this morning for a rotation and balance, no waiting took it right in, watched thru the big viewing window, took the tires off and rotated but didn't balance, didn't say nothing till they bought the paperwork in, asked the Mgr if they balanced the tires and he just looked at me and then the tech. :LOL: needless to say they balanced all four and gave me a no charge on the ticket. ;)
Always had good service at this LS and the tech has been there a while, must have had a lot on his mind.

The les schwab stores in my area have become a total rip-off and shady. They used to be great, now they won't hardly fix a tire without wanting to sell you a new one and their alignment guys at a couple of locations I and some people I know have had experience with the cars drove worse afterwards. Sadly, that is why I now do my own alignments in my garage that drive better than their alignments do. Not to mention they charge a lot of money for private label brand tires. I and many people I know, relatives, coworkers, friends have stopped going there. Oh yeah, seen a lot and had a couple of their batteries fail really early in life also.

The les schwab stores in my area have become a total rip-off and shady. They used to be great, now they won't hardly fix a tire without wanting to sell you a new one and their alignment guys at a couple of locations I and some people I know have had experience with the cars drove worse afterwards. Sadly, that is why I now do my own alignments in my garage that drive better than their alignments do. Not to mention they charge a lot of money for private label brand tires. I and many people I know, relatives, coworkers, friends have stopped going there. Oh yeah, seen a lot and had a couple of their batteries fail really early in life also.
They were bought out by big corporate while back.

They were bought out by big corporate while back.
Yeah, that would explain a lot. Last time I used them was in 2019. Took my grand marquis in for an alignment since it had a pull to the right. Brand new tires when I brought it there and the pull did get better with new tires. Guy did a toe alignment which was barely out at all, didn't touch the driver side camber on the ragged edge of too far negative but it was still in the green, but the difference between the D and P side camber was about 1 degree and caster was spot on 5.5 degree positive on both sides. They told me to swap the front tires and that it could be radial pull, and I questioned them on the camber being off, but it being in the green they said it wouldn't cause the problem and they wouldn't adjust it. I walked out of there after shelling out $92 for high blood pressure, studied that printout some more and turned the eccentric nut a bit and test drove it. I did that 3 times, drove straight as an arrow. They also didn't catch the upper ball joints had a lot of play in them. Pissed me off so bad I bought my own alignment equipment. My coworkers Chrysler T&C van, they charged him for an alignment like a year ago. I just rebuilt the front end on that thing a few weeks back and those tie rod threads were so rusty and stuck there is no way those were touched a year ago at all. He also didn't get a printout of the alignment, but they charged him for it. My neighbor had a few of their batteries die within the free replacement period of his original he bought from them and after the second one they charged him instead of free replacement and that one also died several months later. Keep in mind, these uh, anti-testimonies I guess you can call them occurred at 3 different stores in the area. My sister also had a nail in the center tread of a tire on her truck, they wouldn't fix it but the Toyota dealer fixed that tire no problem at all. That was a 4th store.

Back