Tire Life - should I replace these tires?

Had the tires on my 17 Regal GS rotated and balanced, tires were mounted sometime in 2016 as originals, tires are Pirelli P Zero 255/35/20's. Should they be replaced or hang on for a couple of more years, still look new with only 25K.
If they are crack free and you drive only on dry roads, they should be fine. I wouldn't use those old tires on wet pavement. In eight years the rubber probably has hardened some and wet traction will suffer.

Had the tires on my 17 Regal GS rotated and balanced, tires were mounted sometime in 2016 as originals, tires are Pirelli P Zero 255/35/20's. Should they be replaced or hang on for a couple of more years, still look new with only 25K.
I’m still runnning the original Michelin Energy Saver AS on my 2015 accord hybrid. I think it has 85k or so on it..

Ill change them next fall…

It the tread depth is acceptable, you don’t exhibit hydroplaning, and there is no sign of damage, then keep them in service. The world has too many used tires polluting everything. But if there is good rationale beyond just gut feel to replace them, then replace them. 6 years is the time to scrutinize closely, 10 years is max.

Surprisingly they are smooth running, just getting noisy. :LOL:
If they're getting noisey, that means the rubber is getting hard. Even though you're in a temperate climate, they won't perform as well under wet conditions. Tires and brakes are the top safety parts of a vehicle. I don't suggest skimping on them if possible. I personally would replace them.

If they start to feel as if they do not gave good grip on a wet road, replace them immediately. Otherwise, it depends on how you drive the car and under what conditions.

Will probably replace this summer, any recommendations for a quiet 20" tire, I try not to drive in the rain. ;)

Back