Legolas' Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Silk
What did you end up doing in Auckland?

Aquarium, Sky Tower, EB Games, EB Games, JB Hi-Fi (Well the last three were walking around, me finding them on my phone, then sitting (me) out the front twiddling my thumbs)

Oh, I only just cottoned onto the Orcland reference.

I watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople tonight, first time I've seen Sam Neil play a Kiwi...not a bad attempt. Like LOR set in various familiar places around NZ, makes the place look pretty good.

It's just where we live, but comparing it to other places in the world makes us appreciate it even more. I was tempted by Australia when I was younger, but not anymore.

The mention of Auckland doesn't go down very well in the rest of the country. Those from Auckland are called a Jafa (just another f**king Aucklander), or Jaffa (just another f**kwit from Auckland). I lived there for 40 years, still the most happening place in the country, I just don't want to live there.

I guess that the grass is always greener... (it's how I ended up with an XF Falcon S-Pack 4.1 carbed 4 speed).

We saw a lot that we liked (Dunedin and Rotorua), Aukland didn't make the cut.

Aukland was the only place we saw homeless begging, but as was explained to us when we were in the states, big cities with a climate that you can survive all year around are the likely targets for beggars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back