Leaky Kitchen Sink Spout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new Price Phister kitchen sink faucet set a few years ago and installed it onto my new double sink, and it already has something wrong with it. I live alone and thought it would hold up a long time, not just a few years. It has separate hot and cold knobs for water and a thing for a spray hose. I have a double sink, and if I turn the spout to be over the right sink, water trickles out of the spout at the base, even after I tightened it down about as much as I could.

A lady at Home Depot told me I need a new part for the spout or something, and to bring in some part off of it, which I think are about $10 each.
It seems to me that I could go on eBay and buy a whole new faucet set for not much more than that. Is Price Phister a good brand?

Do single lever temperature control faucets last longer than separates? I think a single one would be easier to use.

Thank you for any input on this.

Go to a local plumbing supply house.

They will have the correct parts for the faucet.

Buying parts at a big box store or over the internet sometimes results in parts that may be made by someone other than the manufacture of the faucet and may well cause problems.

Do a Google search and you should find plenty of info on the faucet.

Cover any rubber gaskets with Vaseline while assembling after replacing parts.

I have always liked Delta single lever faucets as they are easy to repair and the kit at plumbing suppliers is reasonable.

OK thanks for the heads up.
thumbsup2.gif

My wife and I got an American Standard unit back in 2006. This year, the connection at the base of the sprayer started leaking.

IMO it is just a function of trying to save a few cents due to pressures by box stores and wal-mart, and moving stuff to China.

Update :

My unit seems all fixed now. I turned the water off below, then took it apart, and there was a broken O-ring inside of the spout. Was going to go to Home Depot or somewhere to get another O-ring but I had a rubber gasket (that's bigger than that) in a collection of oil plug drain gaskets, so I tried it in there and it fit perfect, and after lightly tightening it down, it doesn't leak a bit. It wasn't made for that but seems to work great in there, and hopefully it'll be OK long term. I resealed the faucet with plumbers putty and even fixed the small leak in my sprayer, so it's like new again and I feel clever.
wink.gif

The lady at HD seemed to think I needed some $10 part but I don't think so. I think I just needed to have the right gasket in there under the water spout.

Price Pfister has Lifetime Mechanical & Finish Warranty. My kitchen faucet sprout had a leak after about 10 years, I contact them and they shipped a new one free within days. Next time call 1-800-732-8238 for warranty claims.

http://pricepfister.faucetdirect.com/index.cfm?page=product:warrantyPopup&uniqueId=1099736

I didn't realize it was lifetime waranteed. Maybe I'll call them someday. Thanks. I'd like to get new pieces that will make my side spray quit leaking.

Peerless and Moen also have lifetime warranties. I think Delta does also. Maybe its only on some lines though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Peerless and Moen also have lifetime warranties. I think Delta does also. Maybe its only on some lines though.

Peerless is a the low-priced brand for Delta (Delta being the mid-range and Brizo being the high-end brands) but they are quite nice products as well.

Originally Posted By: Al

We had Delta fixtures in our prior home with "lifetime" warranties. When the single handle shower fixture started leaking I first tried to get replacement parts under warranty. The excuse was "We've updated that design and the parts are no longer available" and Delta refused to warranty the unit.

They were willing to sell me an "update" kit that would update my faucet to the current model number-for $250.

Needless to say I replaced the entire fixture for less and refuse to purchase anything Delta again. Delta's warranty is a step below worthless.

In our new home we used primarily Danze fixtures and haven't had a problem in 10 years of use.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

Peerless is a the low-priced brand for Delta (Delta being the mid-range and Brizo being the high-end brands) but they are quite nice products as well.

Thanks..didn't know that. I really like the thing.

I stopped recommending Price Pfister, lower-end Moen and a few others that are made in China. We put in 3 American Standard faucets and 1 Kohler in my parent's house. So far, so good...

Hi Lurch,

We're sorry to hear about the problem you’re experiencing with our product. We want to address the leaking in your side sprayer, but our Consumer Service Team needs some additional information to proceed.

Please provide: 

• The model number of the product. If you do not know this, please follow these directions: http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/do_it_yourself/how_to.aspx
• Any other specifics on the issue you’re experiencing
• A method to contact you (ex. email, phone, etc.)
• Best time for contact (ex. mornings, evenings, etc.)

Please send this information to us at [email protected].

We apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to resolving this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back