Leaks going from e0 to e10?

other Than the price difference, I have not Used e0 because I worry about leaks. I recall when boy went to Eaton fuels all of the old cars started blowing O-rings.
Anyone go between e10 and 0 with no issue?

other Than the price difference, I have not Used e0 because I worry about leaks. I recall when boy went to Eaton fuels all of the old cars started blowing O-rings.
Anyone go between e10 and 0 with no issue?
but your title says "Leaks going from e0 to e10?"

So which way is it?
refer to the owners manual for your vehicle.
but this isnt an issue for any modern vehicle.

E0 will absolutely not be a problem with modern cars. I think you are miss-remembering the problems with older cars that occurred when E10 first came out. Older cars sometimes had o-rings, gaskets or hoses that were not compatible with the ethanol in E10.

E0 will absolutely not be a problem with modern cars. I think you are miss-remembering the problems with older cars that occurred when E10 first came out. Older cars sometimes had o-rings, gaskets or hoses that were not compatible with the ethanol in E10.
Also many of those cars had metal gas tanks that had corrosion in them and the ethanol loosened those rust flakes and sent them through the fuel system.

Yep. That was my experience in the late 90s. Late 70s and 80s vehicles worked fine with but if you avoided ethanol then switched you would plug up the fuel filter a time or two with all the junk it cleaned out. Never had a fuel problem with stuff sitting for years without running until recently.

Vehicles that used non ethanol, then switched over to e10 sprang leaks. Yeah, they were older cars, but it definitely was the e10 Thad caused the leak.

This was back in the 2010 or so time. Vehicles were probably 10 years old at that point. Blowing out o rings at the fuel line quick connects.

Well that’s something. My 1994 BMW, my 1996 Honda nor my 1999 and 2000 Toyota have ever exhibited any problem with E10. I’m not exactly an advocate for the fuel it’s just that I live in an EPA nonattainment area and we’ve been forced to use it since the 1990s. I can say I’ve never had a blown out fuel o-ring or any other problem I’ve attributed to the fuel in over 1,000,000 miles of driving.

Well that’s something. My 1994 BMW, my 1996 Honda nor my 1999 and 2000 Toyota have ever exhibited any problem with E10. I’m not exactly an advocate for the fuel it’s just that I live in an EPA nonattainment area and we’ve been forced to use it since the 1990s. I can say I’ve never had a blown out fuel o-ring or any other problem I’ve attributed to the fuel in over 1,000,000 miles of driving.
93 Ranger 4.0 and a 95 Camaro 3.4, no issues. 72 Ford Pinto 2.3 (carb), no issues. Never a problem, all obtained 2012 or thereabouts, so all the gas they got was e10. No way I was going to pay the extra for e0 in cars that struggled to break 20mpg. Lol

Back