Leaf blower bogging

95% chance it is the carb. If you can get it running play with the adjustment screw just a little bit and see if that clears it up. New carbs on Ebay are super cheap and it should be a 20 minute swap. Just don't expect long life out of the chinacarb, 3 years and you will probably need a new one.

Checking the screen is easy, do that as well. Pull the plug and make sure the gap looks ok.
Just like the original which was probably made in the same place as the ebay chinacarb!

Hi all,

I was out doing some yard work over the weekend and about an 90 minutes and 1 1/2 tanks of fuel into my leaf blowing the engine started to slowly lose power and not want to take any fuel without bogging down until about 10 minutes later it wouldn't run anymore. Upon trying to restart I was only able to start it with the choke open, even though it was well warmed up. It was not running well, but running, and I had to keep increasing the amount of choke in order to keep it running until it wouldn't run no matter what I did, which was about another 5 or ten minutes of running. Upon attempted restart, the pull cord was not hard to pull as if it the motor was seizing.

I let it cool off completely and tried starting it again a few hours later and it started and ran like it always does for about 5 minutes and then started bogging again like it didn't want to take the fuel.

This is about a 10 or 12 year old Husqvarna b125 2 stoke blower and I am running Echo 50:1 fuel mix. It probably has about 100hrs on it, always stored indoors.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this or if it is maybe just shot and time for a new one. It was not an expensive blower but has always run very well.

Thanks
Check out Steve's Small engine Saloon channel on Youtube

Just wanted to update this thread and thank everyone again for the replies.

In this case, I think I lucked out with one of the easiest fixes. Upon opening the gas cap I heard the distinct sound of vacuum being released.

I refueled with the same fuel/oil mix, and by leaving the cap on just a little loose, was able to work for another 45 minutes (enough time to finish what I was working on) without any issues.

The only thing I can think is that perhaps my turning the unit upside down to angle the air where I need it sometimes resulted in some fuel, and ultimately oil getting into the valve in the cap and causing it to stick closed.

I am going to try blasting the cap out with some compressed air to see if that helps any the next time I use it. If not I will probably just use it as is, keep the cap a little loose and try to remember to tighten it temporarily when I have to turn it upside down.

The only thing I can think is that perhaps my turning the unit upside down to angle the air where I need it sometimes resulted in some fuel, and ultimately oil getting into the valve in the cap and causing it to stick closed.

I am going to try blasting the cap out with some compressed air to see if that helps any the next time I use it. If not I will probably just use it as is, keep the cap a little loose and try to remember to tighten it temporarily when I have to turn it upside down.
Glad you figures it out. Probably dirt/grime in the relief hole. If blasting the cap with air doesn't work, just get a new cap and all will be fine.

Check the duck bill gas tank vent. They are made of rubber and subject to fail when using E10.

Back