LC and FP results on my TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I've been running FP and LC for the last 12k miles in my 01 TDI Golf. I've been using as follows(with Rotella T 5w40 Oil):

LC:
6oz At the change
2oz Every 2k Miles

FP:
3oz in each 14gal fill

My car starts better in the cold, seems to idle smoother, and has like new compression. All of my cylinders are within 10 psi of eachother ranging from 500-510psi across the board. I used to consume 1qt per 10k miles, this is now reduced to less than 1/2qt. My fuel mileage is on average improved by 1.5-2mpg. I have noticed that the benefits of FP are more noticible with Premium Diesel. While my 3 tank average with regular diesel and FP netted 43mpg, I get closer to 45 with premium. This is understandable though since it is a better fuel all around.

My impression of FP and LC are very positive! I highly recommend both of them to any TDI or diesel owners! I'll also have to take a sample when I change this oil in the next couple weeks. I'd like to see what blackstone has to say about wear.

--Matt

Also, I had the valve cover off again when we were doing the timing belt. There was NO VARNISH whatsoever inside the head. When I first purchased the car everything was coated with varnish from the previous owner's bright idea to use 5w30 non-synthetic oil in the engine. I did an auto-rx treatment earlier which removed a good bit(not all) of the varnish I could see. But it appears to be as good as new now!

I'm going to be upgrading the turbo soon. I'll either go with the Upsolute STGIII turbo kit or a Garrett GT20 w/Custom chip. These VNT15 turbos are for the birds in terms of reliability. And I am concerned about the turbo's life considering it's treatment for the first 40k miles that the original owner had the car.

--Matt

quote:

Originally posted by mkosem:
My car starts better in the cold, seems to idle smoother, and has like new compression. All of my cylinders are within 10 psi of eachother ranging from 500-510psi across the board.

What was your compression before you started ARX & before you started LC & FP?

The compression when I purchased the car was 460-480psi per cylinder. Post auto-rx it was 480-500psi per cylinder. The difference in compression made by the LC was minimal, but still significant(since it is an increase).

The car also runs Bosio Sprint764 nozzles(.218 hole) and is mufflerectomied.

--Matt

LC has had no positive effects for me. FP, OTOH is the only thing besides gas (and the occaisional homemade octane bomb in the turbo) that goes in my gas tanks.

I'll check compression in another 10k miles. Due to the large amount of mileage I put on my car I add the LC each 2k miles. I wouldn't think this would cause a problem, the concentrations would just be a bit off nearing the 2k mark. I may also get my injectors pop tested since I plan on upgrading the nozzles on them when I upgrade my chip and turbo. I have the original pop pressures for them here:

1: 3350psi
2: 3300psi
3: 3400psi
4: 3300psi

This was a quite an improvement over the cheapo chinese nozzles I had prior to the Bosio Sprint764's:

1: 3300psi
2: 3800psi
3: 3400psi
4: 3350psi

I'll be picking up a longblock over the summer. I plan to fab up a custom intake manifold and get the head ported&polished, as well as get the ports matched to the soon to be acquired stage3 turbo manifold and intake manifold. I hope to make some nice numbers with the compression lowered to ~18:1 and 30psi or so.

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back