Lawn Mower Air filters

My Made in China Lawn Mover filters came in. This is the second pack I ordered. They are fine. $2.70 US each.

81F8210F-4A2D-4137-944D-FB2F3B44A089.jpeg
B738E88E-861F-423C-AC07-4A4712DFC0C2.jpg

i looked at the ones for my briggs engine at home depot. they were around $9 for one. guess where they are made. in china of course. So i went to ebay and bought 5 for $ 6 . looks the same, feel the same , as the one on my engine now.

I've been purchasing Stens brand air filters for my B&S engines for the last 10 years and have had zero problems.

Many of the aftermarket air filters, especially the flat panel type like that are perfectly fine. They can be slightly different than OEM and still seal okay. The filters you have to be careful with are the round and cone types, as they can fit too loose on the engine (especially the newer Briggs twins) and won't seal adequately.

Been using the less expensive air filters on my mower since new, it is now 16 years old.

This thread just reminded me that I need to order more mower filters. Been knocking the dirt off for the past few months during leaf-mulching season and it's looking pretty rough.

Just ordered 5 filters for $9 on eBay!

What? We change them? I knock the dirt off mine and keep going! You guys are awesome.
I definitely clean mine out several times before replacing them, and the same with customer mowers. Not worth throwing one out if it can be reused. The biggest issue I find is some people will flip the mower over the wrong way, and the engine oil/fuel will leak into the carb and soak the filter. :(

What? We change them? I knock the dirt off mine and keep going! You guys are awesome.
I think I'm on year 8 of my pressure washer air filter. There's hardly any real dirt on it...don't really see a need to change it.

Back