Latest Harbor Freight Run

I made a HF run earlier today. No, I didn't look at any safety equipment since I enjoy living, but it's hard to resist inexpensive tools. I got a nice 1/2 inch composite Pittsburgh Pro ratchet since I only have a 1/2 inch breaker bar. I do have an adapter but I had a coupon for $5 off. I also picked up a Pittsburgh 3/8 inch 40 piece socket set mostly for spare sockets. This was $4.99 with a coupon. I'm looking forward to using the Pittsburgh fluid line clamp set. Scotty Kilmer has a good video on them. No coupon, but only $7.99. I also added to my beaucoup number of free magnetic lights. View attachment 35771
20201203_214214.jpg
Screenshot_20201203-213649_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201203-213612_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you are happy! Not to knock you but the quality of your pic looks like that from a free harbor freight camera ;-) Just kidding.

That socket set looks like one I got for 9.99 2 years ago. I leave it in the van for any repairs that might be needed.

I love the HF Coupon Madness anytime I head to the US.

I have the composite ratchet, it is my goto when the garage is cold and work must get done now. (Usually I have time to preheat the garage).

The 4.99 40pc set, sorry, I have nothing good to say about it. I had one years ago. The sockets all wallowed out the first time I used them, like they were made of lead. The ratchet, with a Craftsman socket on it, the first time I really leaned on it the head turned oval and locked up.

I suggest getting a refund on that one.

Never seen those clamp things I use the vise grip pliers ones that they sell. I have the composite ratchets still never been used and I bought them last year. Now that $9.99 set that’s similar to the first set my parents bought me when I was around 7 or 8 if I remember correctly nothing like busting my knuckles on my dads 1970s tiller and cracking the 9/16 socket lol. But hey it’s good for emergencies I still have mine too just haven’t even opened it in a couple years.

Attachments

• 6A914CC9-861C-431B-B21E-A36217B9FB23.jpeg
    6A914CC9-861C-431B-B21E-A36217B9FB23.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 41
I'm going to guess the OP doesn't want to rely on Harbor Freight safety gear due to (allegedly) dubious quality. The recent jack stand recall makes me think he might be on to something.

Ah, that makes sense. I forgot about the jack stands. I was thinking back to my shipping days, where wearing PPE was considered girly. Sorry for making that assumption, OP!

What is this supposed to mean? Not a fan of your vision, hearing, and breathing remaining as they are?

Ha! That was the best line of the OP. While their gloves are better than nothing, and used to be a good deal for the price, any real safety equipment is best left to others who make safety their business,

I’ve had the 3/8 composite for about 6 years. Use it for batteries and such so it doesn’t see a lot of torque. We also used it on dads resto 240z in tight areas where paint could get chipped.

The fluid clamps are nice. One almost needs 2 sets so they get 2 large clamps. Good for radiator hoses and such.

I’ve actually read good things about the $4.99 set although I don’t have one. You won’t be using it on anything with high torque or rust, but it’s a good set to have indoors for say assembling Christmas presents. I’ve also heard pitch the ratchet and replace with a nicer one and the set is much much better.

Back