Late model Husqvarna / KTM 50cc "clutch" oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, these little bikes are known for eating clutches for breakfast. Heat is a huge factor as they slip a ton. I bought a triple "grip" clutch for Intuitive Racing and all works well. I bought there in house recommended oil. Called "Nitro clutch lubricant" which has a typical motor oil like look and substance. The clutch works fantastic... I'd like to keep using that oil but at $25 a quart and then $25 to ship the stuff $50 a quart is getting expensive quick as you're supposed to change the oil every 2 hrs or so. KTM recommends dex lll motorex atf with their stock units and boy it comes out dark grey with a ton of material in it with the atf.

Anyway... I'd like to know if there is somewhere I can send some of the "nitro clutch lubricant" off and see if its just a rebranded oil they're selling for a premium as the bottle is just a black bottle without and labels they sent me.

thanks everyone!!

225A3738-5F05-427B-A6F4-198B22AEAF49.jpeg

EF56B11E-0FCE-4EC0-B81E-4EFB4A637054.png

35D4F23E-9774-4368-AC47-A6A94858F0E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Makes me wish i would have blended this oil fresh out of high school.

500,000 quarts at $25 thats $12.5 million dollars..

With that being said..i would bet that Maxima 10w40 from your local dealer would blow this oil away on an oil analysis.

Thank you! Saves me $10 on shipping! I haven't tried it. My son races a lot and we can't afford down time as of now aka experiment with new stuff. We know this stuff works. Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back