Larger Filter for an '04 Xterra???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Wife's Xterra has a tiny filter. Can you guys help me find a larger filter?
Being a earlier model of this car it only has a 3.5 quart sump, small for a 6 cyl SUV, and am just thinking about things I can do to help extend an OCI a little. Right now I am running a full synthetic, but if I can buy larger filters for the same price why not??
Of course I will post my UOA's if I find something that works, for comparison with smaller filters.

According to the Wix website:
Wix part # 51356

20x1.5mm threads
3.402 hight
2.685 outer diameter

Gasket
2.475 OD
2.173 ID
0.233 thick

Thanks again.

Most newer Nissan's spec the 1365. It's a inch shorter then the 1356. I been using the 1356 on my old 05 Sentra and my current 07 Altima. I think Nissan uses these small filters for clearance issues. How much clearance do you have on your Xterra? Do you have the KAE24DE or the VG33DE engine?

I have the VG33DE engine. No supercharger.

Now that I think about it you are right about the clearance issue.
It is kind of tight in there when you loosen up the oil filter. It backs off right over the rock guard, and you have to angle it to get it in and out of ther.
There is even has a little channel formed into the steel to drain it into a pan, and it makes it easier to wipe down the mess. Very easy to get to filter and drain plug on the Xterra once you get it up on the ramp.

I will have to take a look next time I am under there. I have a few 1356's right now and am good for now, but just thinking about future purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back