Laptop doesn't retain updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i check for Windows updates,the page where it says"most recent check for updates"it says never,and where it says "updates were installed,it also says never. I do run the updates and it downloads,but the next time that i start it's the same. Win Vista. Why do they keep erasing? Thanks

Funny---Hasta-la-vista-baby.jpg

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Have you tried this?
I did update again and I got error code 80070645. I looked it up and it has to do with Net Framework 3.5. I ran the Microsoft .Net Framework Repair Tool. Hopefully it fixes this !@#$% problem. Btw, is Vista a crummy o.s? I thought only Win 8.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Btw, is Vista a crummy o.s?

That seems to be the general consensus out there.

Although, I've used it for some time before upgrading to W7, and haven't really experienced any issues.

It's been good so far,after I ran that Microsoft tool,and i also turned off automatic updates. It's only for a laptop that i gave my 8 y.o. son,so if it catches anything,reformat time again. Thanks to all for responding.

why not just make a backup of it working now.. save to an external hdd. then it takes 5min to fix it after someone cruds it up again.

There are free programs such as macrim reflect

Originally Posted By: Rand
why not just make a backup of it working now.. save to an external hdd. then it takes 5min to fix it after someone cruds it up again.

There are free programs such as macrim reflect

+1 Once I get a computer setup the way I like it I use Redo Backup and Restore and clone the drive. I do this before adding any data, and call it a Virgin BU with the date. If anything goes bad I do a restore from that and add my data from a data backup which I keep separately. It has saved me more than once, and is very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back