Ladies' watch recommendations...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.
I'd like to buy my wife a wrist watch, and I need some recommendations from you watch gurus.
I know that I can research online, but sometimes people know watches that may suit someone else's taste, and I thought I'd ask here also...

Here are the requirements:

Price Range: around $300-$400
Needs to look simple, but classy/elegant; semi-dressy.
no sporty-looking stuff
no gold accents of any kind; she only likes silver/metal/steal colored stuff.
no funky colored faces/bezels.
Preferably round; no funky shapes. rectangle might be ok.
has to be a reliable, but not mega-buck brand.
automatic
needs day/date, but just date is fine
strap/leather band highly preferred; (if metal band, needs to be very plain)
not too big; she has small wrists.

so, if you guys have any suggestions or know any watches that meet such criteria, please post here..links and/or pics would be great, if possible.

Thanks a lot guys... :) and gals!

needs to be feminine, please, but at the same time, I am pretty sure she would like it to look like a watch, than a bracelet...she will want to be able to tell the time pretty easily...(good readability)

I would recommend my wife's watch as it generally meets the above, but she can't find it right now (probably being sucked on by one of the kids). Its a fossil and may not even be made anymore

Thanks...I will look at Fossils...

omg; it's just like cars: who designs millions of ugly watches out there? 90% of them are HIDIOUS !!!
This is gonna be much harder than I thought...

what do you guys think of Skagen watches?

Last edited:
I bought my wife this watch for her birthday, has worked perfectly and she seems to always pick this one to wear over all her other ones.

Do a search for Princeton Watches on the net. They have good pictures and prices of about any kind of watch you would want.

I am looking at one now.

40ford

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I bought my wife this watch for her birthday, has worked perfectly and she seems to always pick this one to wear over all her other ones.

Bought my wife the same watch for Christmas.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
OK.
I'd like to buy my wife a wrist watch, and I need some recommendations from you watch gurus.
I know that I can research online, but sometimes people know watches that may suit someone else's taste, and I thought I'd ask here also...

Here are the requirements:

Price Range: around $300-$400
Needs to look simple, but classy/elegant; semi-dressy.
no sporty-looking stuff
no gold accents of any kind; she only likes silver/metal/steal colored stuff.
no funky colored faces/bezels.
Preferably round; no funky shapes. rectangle might be ok.
has to be a reliable, but not mega-buck brand.
automatic
needs day/date, but just date is fine
strap/leather band highly preferred; (if metal band, needs to be very plain)
not too big; she has small wrists.

so, if you guys have any suggestions or know any watches that meet such criteria, please post here..links and/or pics would be great, if possible.

Thanks a lot guys... :) and gals!

Why mustn't the watch look sporty?
21.gif

My girlfriend wanted something simple, no chronograph, just time, seconds, and date. I got a Fortis pilot watch for her. Her watch also doesn't look totally out of place next to mine. It's a very small man's watch, really, but it works just fine as a sporty watch on a woman's wrist. I hate those puny lady's watches that you can't even read. Her watch is about 8 years old now. It's still in the Fortis program. She was wondering why I semi-forced her into having a contorted wrist picture taken last night.
grin2.gif

chronomat_fortis.jpg

well there are very few watches that look sporty AND elegant, at least in our price range, and she hates pretty much anything related to sports, so, she needs more elegance/casual than sporty-look.
(not saying sporty is bad; but it's big matter of taste...)

I do like your watches, although I am partial to leather straps :)

You can buy a leather strap. Hirsch straps are good and not expensive. I don't care much for leather, because I always get my watches wet. While decent leather straps are "waterproof," they do not dry quickly and I don't care for the squishy feeling. A leather strap can look good, but its functionality is always compromised. Leather straps, like rubber and plastic straps also get smelly, unless you don't ever sweat. If the latter is the case, you should probably get a desk clock.
wink.gif

Elegant and casual doesn't do anything for me. But as you said, it's a matter of taste.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
She was wondering why I semi-forced her into having a contorted CENSORED picture taken last night.
grin2.gif

That sounds really kinky when you fill in the blank.
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back