Ladder Stabilizers

I own a Little Giant 16522-803 22' multi-position ladder. I need to get on my roof (which is flat concrete tile) to do some work.

It has been brought to my attention that a ladder stabilizer should be considered. I am considering these two options:

1662656710882.jpg

1662656807829.jpg

The roofer who came to my house highly recommended the yellow one above. Does anyone have experience with both styles? It seems like the LG one is better suited for walls than for roof access?

Reactions: JC1
I have the top one shown. Your ok until you run out of space for one side. I was stupid…trying to inch the ladder over just a couple more inches and ooops…
Still have an ankle that reminds me of that.
I was on the ground moving a fully extended ladder and it slipped off the side and the ladder flipped out and caught me in the ankle.

When buying any items, I have been looking on YouTube more and more.
Videos on unboxing, setting-up and usage (of almost everything).

I also read the (fake) reviews on Amazon.
You can at least learn about the negative reviews.

if you do not buy the stabilizer, at least have someone hold the ladder for you.

I have no experience with the Little Giant but I have a Werner extension ladder and stabilizer and it increases the stability of my extension ladder by at least 10X! I won’t climb a ladder now without one! (y)

I have no experience with the Little Giant but I have a Werner extension ladder and stabilizer and it increases the stability of my extension ladder by at least 10X! I won’t climb a ladder now without one! (y)
The Werner looks fairly similar to the first one I posted.

I read that first kind isn't as universal and won't fit various other ladders. Not sure, just a warning. There's a more generic version, similar to the first one, but it has a bracket and nuts to put on manually on each side. And they're more like $25-$40.

AK060_PI.jpg

That yellow one isn't going to work if you have gutter guards
No gutter guards.

I read that first kind isn't as universal and won't fit various other ladders. Not sure, just a warning. There's a more generic version, similar to the first one, but it has a bracket and nuts to put on manually on each side. And they're more like $25-$40.

View attachment 116212
That is true. I verified compatibility with my ladder.

I highly, highly recommend these devices. I bought one last year for use on my aluminum extension ladder for painting the gables on the house.

A few years ago a neighbor was only a couple of rungs up on a step ladder, it shifted, he fell and snapped his lower leg (caught between 2 rungs when he fell). It was a compound fracture and he was told the bone barely missed a major artery that potentially could have caused him to bleed out before the ambulance arrived.

Back