Kumho Solus KR21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Being made in China does NOT mean low quality junk.

No, not necessarily, but with all the Chinese tire recalls in the news, skepticism is understood. I've heard pretty good things about the KR21s also, but I also share some folks' hesitation about a non-mainstream brand hawking tires made in China. I know Kumho's been around for a while, but they're flown under the radar for a long time. Some of their new stuff is the best they've ever built, so they're getting a lot of recognition lately, and probably deservedly so.

I have the KR21's on a 99 Jeep Cherokee.The price was too good from Discount Tire to pass up.So far,they have been on a year and have been good tires,no problems with them at all.

I liked mine on the other Subaru, very quiet and great in the rain/mud. I think I paid like $46 each, it was a steal! Ran them at least 40K miles.

jdeare said:

They have an 85,000 mile warranty, but mine are worn down to 7/32nds and 5/32nds (not front and rear; according to the specs they start with 10/32nds) after approximately 18,000 miles. I can't see how I will get 85,000 miles out of them.

This has been my experience as well.
They are good tires at a good price but won't last anywhere near 85K. Kumhos are not the bargain they were but that might be the result of the dollar being devalued so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back