Kohler engine oil

I have a husqvarna ts-348xd with the kohler 7000 series. I usually use the kohler brand synthetic oil but my dealer didn’t have any and no idea when they will get it. The parts guy told me a lot of people have been running the Mobil delvac 10w30 synthetic blend or the rotella 10w30 synthetic Blend. Anyone running HD diesel oils in their gas mowers? Is their any issues that could arise from it ?

Any 15w-40 will be just fine. I'd use castrol gtx diesel. Home depot sells it in store for 10.97 at least for me but an online check near you for price and quantity clears that. Will be buying some soon as I've run through my stash.

I'm using Mobil 1 15-50 syn in my 22 hp Kawasaki Husqvarna lawn tractor. GTH2248XPC.

Works great in my application.

Starts faster, operates at a cooler temp. Slight improvement in fuel usage but my main concern is for cooling and heat control'

I cut 1/2 acre every 7-10 days

As a footnote I also use the same oil in my Moto Guzzi Motorcycle

TOMB

Currently running Devlac 15w-40 syn in my 19HP and 24HP Briggs mowers. I have run Delo 10w-30 and Rotella 5w-40 previously. All seemed to work well.

15w-40 Rotella T6, readily available at Walmart. I have this oil in my JD 140 lawn tractor with the 724 CC Brigs V-Twin. Started the machine for the first time in nearly three months last weekend. It was warm out that day, but I suspect the oil temperature to have been below freezing. There was no labor whatsoever from the starter - she fired right up. I ran the same oil 40 hours last season, April through November.

Any API certified oil will work provided it is 30 wt and above. Syn or dino, either will work. 15w40 or straight 30wt is what I use if running dino oil. I prefer Mobil1 if we are talking syn oil.

Kohler oil exists for a reason. kolhers are desighned for 10-30 oil for the hydro lic lifters demand thin clean oil. a;so they have extra zinc. my kohler had a fit with any other oil but Kohler

Kohler oil exists for a reason. kolhers are desighned for 10-30 oil for the hydro lic lifters demand thin clean oil. a;so they have extra zinc. my kohler had a fit with any other oil but Kohler
The Kohler on my Gravely doesn’t have hydraulic lifters. So, Motorcraft Super Duty 15W40 or Rotella T5 15W40 will be my choices.

I was running Super Tech 10W30 FS HM in my LT150 w/ a Kohler. I switched to Blain's FS 5W40 HDEO after Christmas because I added a snow blower to it. Made it much easier to start with the cold weather. I think I'll use this oil year round now. Worse case it shears to a 30 weight and the motor will still be happy IMO.

just my $0.02

Back