Kitty on convertible top

Once had a nice Eclipse with the suede-like black convertible top and I went through hell to try keeping a few cats off and it was a joke. Tried these things...
-sprinkled black pepper on the top and around the car
-sprayed deer urine around the car
-even wet the top late in the evening
Regardless of all I did along with washing it and using a quality conditioner the cats still laid on it every chance they had. Ended up using 2 thick/long beach towels to at least protect the top from them/fur and that was the best fix I could find until moving solved that permanently. Cats are seriously determined and curious regardless of what you do to prevent it.

Ssscat:

71ORKzV08oL._AC_SY879_.jpg

It's an electronic motion detecting deterrent. It has a range of about 3'. Should be enough to cover the width of a roof. It uses an air duster style of propellant to generate a wet, heavy hissing noise that completely disrupts a cat's sense of ownership. ;>

I've got two that I rotated around the house for 3 months as needed and it totally retrained my little lap panther. ^.^

I lost this battle. We had a beautiful spitfire Burmese and she figured out it was the best place ever. She actually caused more concern with the black paint, as it was waxy-slick and over time started to scratch her slide-ramp down. My wife was zero support in the matter. I kept the Miata in the garage beneath a car cover. It was not the best experience in my life. I did truly enjoy the little cat - but this was an area I never succeeded in. Lack of understanding from my wife probably upset me more.
“It was not the best experience in my life”

Love the understatement! Are you British?

This will detour many creatures from wanting to "throne" upon your MINI or any other car. You can either wipe it along the edge or place some on a rag and leave on the top.
I have used this for effectively and also to STOP dogs from peeing on your tires and wheel wipe them with Coke, Pepsi or Dr. pepper. It will also make them look good. Before armor all that was what some car enthusiasts did. Now that is an old treatment that has been around since the 50's passed down to me from an "original" Low Rider. HA!

Attachments

• IMG_20210906_080202928_HDRedit.jpg
    IMG_20210906_080202928_HDRedit.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 20
We have a female cat that came with our house. She just claws up my front porch. Every time you let her out she does it. I always say that’s right, don’t forget to wreck the porch.
We also have a male orange cat in the neighborhood. He pees on everyone’s front license plate. It’s comical to watch. If someone comes to visit someone on our block, within ten minutes he shows up and sprays their front plate.

This will detour many creatures from wanting to "throne" upon your MINI or any other car. You can either wipe it along the edge or place some on a rag and leave on the top.
I have used this for effectively and also to STOP dogs from peeing on your tires and wheel wipe them with Coke, Pepsi or Dr. pepper. It will also make them look good. Before armor all that was what some car enthusiasts did. Now that is an old treatment that has been around since the 50's passed down to me from an "original" Low Rider. HA!
I do have tea tree oil. I can easily test it on Smoky and Tigger. 🐈

I put a few drops of tea tree oil on a piece of sponge and put the scented sponge In a perforated tin can with a screw-down lid. I wouldn't want a cat to get in direct contact with any essential oil. I placed the tin on Smokey's favorite chair. So far he hasn't hopped on it and he's usually on it when I sit at the table. I think this may work. Shown is Test Subject 1, aka Smoky. Picture 1 shows him on his favorite chair right next to me. Picture 2 is a good representation of what's happening now that his chair smells bad to him.

Last edited:
I put a few drops of tea tree oil on a piece of sponge and put the scented sponge In a perforated tin can with a screw-down lid. I wouldn't want a cat to get in direct contact with any essential oil. I placed the tin on Smokey's favorite chair. So far he hasn't hopped on it and he's usually on it when I sit at the table. I think this may work. Shown is Test Subject 1, aka Smoky. Picture 1 shows him on his favorite chair right next to me. Picture 2 is a good representation of what's happening now that his chair smells bad to him.

Please trust me on this one and don't test on your buddies.... :cry:

Please trust me on this one and don't test on your buddies.... :cry:
Don't worry, I would not risk harming my furry buddies. They can't get in contact with the oil. The smell is apparently more repulsive to them then that of citrus. I'll test this in the wild. I hope I won't attract moths or something. The top covered in moths, I can see it happening.

Don't worry, I would not risk harming my furry buddies. They can't get in contact with the oil. The smell is apparently more repulsive to them then that of citrus. I'll test this in the wild. I hope I won't attract moths or something. The top covered in moths, I can see it happening.
I have used this for a long time, even bugs stay away.
We apply it aside form the holistic reasons but mosquitos' don't care for it either.

Back