Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Vikas
What is the cheapest tablet with a great 10" screen? Any chance of being able to grab one under $200 in next couple of months?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457204#Post2457204

That deal was unobtainable from the start, and on a piece that is being discontinued.

Id look at samsung and apple, myself. Maybe some others are OK, but these should be the gold standard.

Co-worker today was telling me of his new Acer Tablet / Android Honeycomb - but doesn't know how it would compare to my wife's Samsung I just got her.
I do know it keeps her from yakkin as much as she used to, so there is one plus about it. Negative is getting dinner started late.
She was playing games on it last night - reading ebook something on it this evening. I started the grill this time. Ribeye's pending

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
It's an interesting device, yet the general concept of a tablet is still lost on me. I mean, I already have a 10" netbook that looks/feels/works like a proper PC. Sure, it's bulkier than a tablet, but it has a proper physical keyboard which I very much prefer. The wife has both a netbook and an iPad, and she somehow uses both though.
smile.gif

I guess it's a good device for travel. For me, if I just sit on the couch in front of a TV to browse web, write emails, etc., I can't justify buying one of these things if I already have a netbook that does it all and is more practical due to having a keyboard.

Since I have a SMART (full) Netbook with a fast processor and lots of memory and I have a Smartphone with web, email and tapatalk and a bazillion apps, I'm searching for a reason I actually need a tablet device......and I must say, I never actually ended up using my Nook after the first week or two so I gave it away.

As mentioned in the other topic, I picked up 8" HTC Evo View tablet. It is a fun device and I like it BUT it will never be an iPad!

- Vikas

Am I the only with a HTC Evo View 4G tablet? I have some issues with it and I would like to find out if all of them have the same problem..

Thanks,
- Vikas

I have owned my Kindle Fire now for almost a month and half. The only problem I have had is when it locked up on Google maps in the satellite mode. A hard reset, holding power button for 20 seconds, fixed it. Only complaint is the touchscreen keyboard...fat fingers and a really sensitive screen don't go well together!

I renewed my sub to Amazon Prime and I enjoy some of the older tv programs as well as movies. Plus I have downloaded quite a few books. Plus it surfs the web well.
I know it's not in the same class as an Ipad or other tablet that offers more for more money. But it works for me!

Acura gave us a Kindle Fire. I like it. It feels snappier than the HTC Evo 4G which is very similar. Can I install any Android application on KF? I would like to load the Bluetooth Torque application on it.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Co-worker today was telling me of his new Acer Tablet / Android Honeycomb - but doesn't know how it would compare to my wife's Samsung I just got her.

I have a 7" Acer Iconia A100 tablet and it's not all that great. I mean, it functions, and it has ICS on it now, which is better than Honeycomb. But battery life is dismal. I mean, REALLY bad. I think there's also an internal short as well, because it'll drain down in a matter of a few days, even if the tablet is completely powered off via holding the power button and shutting down. It was only $200 at retail when it came out, which was one of the cheaper tablets at the time.

I still get some use out of it, though. I have a holder for it that I built for the dash in our CR-V and I have a paid app on it called CoPilot. This tablet is not a 3G or 4G tablet...wireless only. But CoPilot allows me to download mapping for the entire United States, so I can use it as a 7" GPS navigator. And actually works fine for that.

I guess you do get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back