Kindle electronic books=gas grill=fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: Popinski

Kindle=Dumbest invention ever

that might be one of the dumbest statements ever.
Just because YOU don't like it (or just becauseit doesn't suit YOU), doesn't mean that it's a dumb invention.

I know a lot of very smart people who use and love their Kindles. I am sure they're also pretty dumb to you.
smile.gif

97tBird: You have to understand that it is purely an opinion of my own experience.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I think both have their place, and it depends on your preference.

I will never own an e-book reader, I much prefer the look, feel, smell and experience of a real book,

you go around smelling books?

Smell is very important..and it can be for things you cannot consume. The smell of books is great! They have their own distinct smell.

Originally Posted By: buickman50401
You can resell it if you're willing to do a small bit of work and spend about $30 which you should more than make up for in reselling the ebooks. There are conversion programs availalbe for a variety of formats that will strip the DRM from EPub (Adobe) and other formats and generate a PDF file. Then resell the PDF.

Except that that's probably illegal. Selling a physical book is not.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You can resell it if you're willing to do a small bit of work and spend about $30 which you should more than make up for in reselling the ebooks. There are conversion programs availalbe for a variety of formats that will strip the DRM from EPub (Adobe) and other formats and generate a PDF file. Then resell the PDF.

I never said anything about the legalities of what I was suggesting.

I prefer real books and have lots of them, but I spend a bunch of hours every week on airplanes and other than not being able to use them during takeoff and landing, the Kindle just works better. It is much easier to slip into my backpack and easier to manipulate in the seat. I also have the Kindle App on my iPad, iPhone and laptop, so no matter where I am or what I have with me I can continue reading.

If I were laying on the beach, a book would be nice. otherwise e-books are great.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The thing with printed texts is that they cost a lot to begin with but even if you manage to sell it (granted a new edition doesn't come out and render your one next to worthless) you manage ~1/2 of what you paid for it.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
I prefer real books and have lots of them, but I spend a bunch of hours every week on airplanes and other than not being able to use them during takeoff and landing, the Kindle just works better. It is much easier to slip into my backpack and easier to manipulate in the seat. I also have the Kindle App on my iPad, iPhone and laptop, so no matter where I am or what I have with me I can continue reading.

If I were laying on the beach, a book would be nice. otherwise e-books are great.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that. I prefer real books but there are places where the Kindle is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back