Key fob (Nissan/Infiniti Intelligent Key) battery life ?

I was referrring to Varta batteries made in Germany. They would leak like crazy. But those were alkalines.

I consider Maxell, Panasonic, or Sony to be the gold standard. Even Sony that are made in Indonesia. It varies, but a lot of other brands just buy from one of those.

I’ve been buying these for over 30 years, going back to when my uncle gave me this expensive “handheld computer”. It was nice, but back then the batteries were hard to find. My parents would buy me batteries at $3 each in the late 80s, and that device needed two.

I just got some more CR2032. This was Maxell from MYBATTERYSUPPLIER through Amazon. It was fresh (date code 11 for January 2021) and they looked like a new design for the engraving. For the longest time they would have "maxell", the battery size/type (like CR2032) over "3V", and "Hitachi Maxell Ltd. Japan". More recently it's about the same but just "MADE IN JAPAN" on the bottom. Now it's an adult stick figure holding something up with what looks like a child stick figure - all in a circle plus "MADE IN JAPAN 3V" on the bottom.

I guess it's so new that I can't find a photo of the new design. But I did see this that shows the same circle with the stick figures. Not sure what it's supposed to represent that it's also on Duracell lithium batteries.

images

I just got some more CR2032. This was Maxell from MYBATTERYSUPPLIER through Amazon. It was fresh (date code 11 for January 2021) and they looked like a new design for the engraving. For the longest time they would have "maxell", the battery size/type (like CR2032) over "3V", and "Hitachi Maxell Ltd. Japan". More recently it's about the same but just "MADE IN JAPAN" on the bottom. Now it's an adult stick figure holding something up with what looks like a child stick figure - all in a circle plus "MADE IN JAPAN 3V" on the bottom.

I guess it's so new that I can't find a photo of the new design. But I did see this that shows the same circle with the stick figures. Not sure what it's supposed to represent that it's also on Duracell lithium batteries.

images

Keep away from children.

I just bought a pack of Eveready 2025 for a fob. They are Made in Japan.

By the way, I've been using my replacement* key fob for a number of weeks with no hiccups at all (I probably just jinxed myself too !!).

*I had (2) factory-original key fobs but someone else lost / misplaced it so I bought a replacement about a year ago. It is supposed to be an actual Infiniti OEM fob (it has Continental Automotive internals).

Keep away from children.

I just bought a pack of Eveready 2025 for a fob. They are Made in Japan.

Mine was $7.65 plus tax for 20. I have a lot of devices that take them, including key remotes, alarm clock backup, and even a digital scale that takes two. I usually get them in the blister tear strip of five.

Mine was $7.65 plus tax for 20. I have a lot of devices that take them, including key remotes, alarm clock backup, and even a digital scale that takes two. I usually get them in the blister tear strip of five.

Good deal if you have the need for them. My fobs take the 2025 and another item takes a 2032. I don’t want a bunch of batteries hanging around. I do the same with regular batteries.

Back