Kendall Oils ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the brand mentioned here previously, but honestly, I never heard of "Kendall" until I got 1 of those weekly coupon mailers in my mailbox advertising "Kendall" oil change at a "Tuffy" Auto Care Center.

2 firsts in one lol....never heard of "Tuffy" either, and then saw they were advertising "Kendall" oil changes, so me, I went and googled the brand name (Kendall) and it brought me here (a couple months ago) with some posts pointing out apparently Kendall has been around a while
wink.gif
Now, how good their oils are, no idea, but I'd think they'd meet the latest specs set forth by vehicle manufacturers at least :)

Kendall has been around since the 1000 mile OCI. The name is now owned by Conoco/Phillips and it looks like they plan on marketing it as top shelf. Since I own a dab of CP stock, I was considering going to the synthetic when I decided to abandon Pennzoil YB. 2 things stopped me. Nobody stocks it here. Then I heard they are using Korean made base stock. It is bad enough that so much of my money goes to OPEC. I am going with M1 and longer OCI's

How good is any brand of oil? Who knows. I am going with XOM because they are an American company mostly. I see no reason to buy foreign unless I have objective proof of higher quality or a lower price. I do like brand names that will be around next OC.

I have a UOA of Kendal GT, but have never posted one. If some one could tell me how i will post it.

Scan it, upload the image to imageshack and post the URL between img tags :)

Or, just transcribe the UOA "by hand"
wink.gif

I've seen both done here, but most simply scan the UOA and put the img up on imageshack and hotlink it here.

But yea, @Kendall, that's the first I seen it here too, was in that postcard/coupon/advert; never seen it in any store around here; and apparantly they have conventional, synthetic blend, and "synthetic" - whether it's 'true' synthetic....well, only a VOA would reveal that I guess? :p

Last edited:
Kendall oils are priced right as I've seen the synthetic version for just under five bucks per quart which is a super deal in my book compared to the other brands that are higher in price.

In addition it's a quality oil made by Conoco-Phillips 76 so can anyone go wrong using this oil????

Durango

No matter how they market Kendall it will never be a big player in the motor oil wars. The liquid titanium thing is just pure marketing nonsense.

Originally Posted By: zddp77
No matter how they market Kendall it will never be a big player in the motor oil wars. The liquid titanium thing is just pure marketing nonsense.

i agree...

Originally Posted By: daman

i agree...

Sad but true "D"-man.....
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: daman

i agree...

Sad but true "D"-man.....
grin2.gif

Untill i see more U/VOAs(real world results,not a spec sheet) showing me different it's just a unproven oil to me.

Originally Posted By: Durango
Kendall oils are priced right as I've seen the synthetic version for just under five bucks per quart which is a super deal in my book compared to the other brands that are higher in price.

In addition it's a quality oil made by Conoco-Phillips 76 so can anyone go wrong using this oil????

Durango

I doubt it. My self? $23/5qt at Walmart for M1.

Maybe some day it will have some great UOA's and a crowd of BITOG fan boys.

I'll try again to post this UOA.

21784850.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
labman,

I kid you not! At my local PEP BOYS that's what it was tagged on the shelf. This was before they started to call it "Liquid Titanium" or something like that. Four Ninety-Nine/quart it was.

Durango

It will be interesting to see how they price this product line. I never once thought they were going to target the market for oils such as Amsoil. But who knows. If C-P offers it in the 5 Qt. jug like they do Motorcraft 5W20 semi-syn they could get it down to a very competiive price. I think the last time I checked the legacy GT-1 dino it was about $3 and change at AZ in 1 Qt bottles. If this is going to be C-Ps flagship oil I would expect it to be better than the MC lineup. But we need to see some UOAs from the new offering.

One way of convincing some people it is high quality is to put a high price on it. If Fram cut their prices, their sales would drop.

I just changed my oil yesterday to the Kendall 5W-30 semi-Synthetic oil. Got it at Auto-Zone for 3.99 A quart. So far,it seems to perform well on it.

Kendall oil used to be something special, or at least some people thought it was.

Since it was bought out by ConocoPhillips, Kendall oil is exactly the same as their Conoco, Phillips, and 76 branded oils. Nothing wrong with the oils and nothing really special, either. Good stuff, and I'd use it unless I wanted a clearly superior oil like Red Line, Pennz Ultra, Schaeffer, Amz, etc.

The Liquid Titanium is good. Afton Chemical's Liquid Titanium plus ZDDP is actually a lower cost alternative to moly plus ZDDP with about the same benefits. I've read the patent paperwork, and that is what it's for and why they use it. ZDDP as an antiwear agent is very hard and good at preventing wear, but is high friction. ZDDP plus moly or Liquid Titanium is very anti-wear plus low friction.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is not Motorcraft (a highly regarded oil here) not made by Conoco Phillips? IIRC on a VOA here the MC semi syn 5w-20 and the Kendall semi syn 5w-20 were close to identical. So reason would be that the Kendall oils would be fairly decent. I could be wrong though.

Originally Posted By: wolfc70
Correct me if I am wrong, but is not Motorcraft (a highly regarded oil here) not made by Conoco Phillips? IIRC on a VOA here the MC semi syn 5w-20 and the Kendall semi syn 5w-20 were close to identical. So reason would be that the Kendall oils would be fairly decent. I could be wrong though.

Your right.My vehicle seems to like it so far.Never know,this may be my new oil of choice.And I definitely like the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back