Kendall nitro 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we ran in this bike. 670 rwhp Turbocharged Hayabusa running on Methanol. If your car is something stock running on pump gas, then probably not the best option.

[Linked Image]

Skip the 70w, run gear oil. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish? 70w is WAY too thick, use what your car mfg recommends.
70w is for nitro cars that dilute the oil with nitro , not for any road car.

What's the latest ratio on the Bezos stock split … ?
Life will be tough with so little left in the bank …
wink.gif

The Kollective will probably try to lock you up for running a non-RC oil, especially one that will sap about 50% of the power of a 4-cylinder. Unless you're in Death Valley in summer, when the 70wt will still be thicker than cool molasses! /end tongue in cheek

Originally Posted by 928
Skip the 70w, run gear oil. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish? 70w is WAY too thick, use what your car mfg recommends.

I think the OP was being sarcastic.

I the mid/late 80s, I had a ‘78 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ with the 301 V8. That engine was so wore out I was running Kendall GT-1 70 weight oil in it.

L8R,
Matt

I found a jug of this in a back room of the dealership I worked for. Definitely used it in my beater. Also because racecar. Made it so fast.

FA0CB5CE-B317-4804-BE0B-2CDCFB4470CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE
That's what we ran in this bike. 670 rwhp Turbocharged Hayabusa running on Methanol. If your car is something stock running on pump gas, then probably not the best option.

[Linked Image]

Bonneville? and no there is no way on Earth I want to ride that monster. It just screams give me a speeding ticket !
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by 02SE

[Linked Image]

Bonneville? and no there is no way on Earth I want to ride that monster. It just screams give me a speeding ticket !
banana2.gif

Yep, Bonneville during the World Finals that year. It had some traction problems as the Salt that year wasn't ideal. It only went 235 mph or so, on gearing good for 290 mph.

It was licensed and street legal in it's home State. But it didn't get ridden much on the road, as it's range was short burning Methanol, and you can't just fill up at the next gas station.

IMG_0799.jpg

Originally Posted by 928

I know. It was a joke, wasn't posted as being something serious

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007
Originally Posted by 928

I know. It was a joke, wasn't posted as being something serious

Merk is back.

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007
Do you think my car would last longer and go faster with Kendal nitro 70wt oil? 🤔

I don't know about your car, but I used to run straight 70w oil in my old High-Compression Harley Shovelhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back