Kendall GT1 Synblend

ELF a decade ago found a blend worked best in F1 machines

What FORD spec does the Ranger require? Does Kendall meet it?

'Fully Synthetic Motor Oil" is an advertising term. But there exist Very good FS oils that only cost a bit more than a blend.

Me? I try to avoid VM that is usually loaded into multi-grades as it gums up the rings as it degrades but VM can be hard to avoid in deep winter multigrades.

In the O.P's No. Carolina region I would run Quaker State Full Synthetic 10W30.
There are also some "Euro" 5w/0w 30 that would likely be best for a turbo 4 banger - if that is the O.P.'s installed engine.

-Ken

ELF a decade ago found a blend worked best in F1 machines

What FORD spec does the Ranger require? Does Kendall meet it?

'Fully Synthetic Motor Oil" is an advertising term. But there exist Very good FS oils that only cost a bit more than a blend.

Me? I try to avoid VM that is usually loaded into multi-grades as it gums up the rings as it degrades but VM can be hard to avoid in deep winter multigrades.

In the O.P's No. Carolina region I would run Quaker State Full Synthetic 10W30.
There are also some "Euro" 5w/0w 30 that would likely be best for a turbo 4 banger - if that is the O.P.'s installed engine.

-Ken
It meets and exceeds Ford's latest specs

It meets and exceeds Ford's latest specs
You will be fine using it. I've been using various Conoco Phillips oils for years and have never had any engine problems. I run Motorcraft in my Mustang and Run Phillips 66 Shield in my 98 Chevy K1500 and 92 Cavalier. I used Trop Artic for years before that. I have a friend who put over 400,000 miles on the 5.7L in his 98 Chevy truck using Trop Artic and it still ran great with no issues.

That would be a grey area as to suggestions. If you said 100K, the semi syn would get you there easy. If you said 300K, full synthetic would be the choice. At 150-200K, semi would probably make it ok, but why risk it just to save a few bucks.
I think what we are missing here is synthetic oil allows longer OCI not longer engine life. Engine life depends on proper and timely maintenance.
Either oil will take you to 300k plus miles regardless of brand as long as it meets specs.

Back