Kaw oil filter

Going to buy a new mower. Kay 651 or 691. I have a Briggs 23hp professional now. Are the filters compatible. I have a couple fram extras.

No...at least for me. I have a 28HP B&S Commercial turf engine on a ZTR and it accepts the FL400s oil filter, my Kawasaki engine on my stander will not take the same filter (I forget which it is but it isn't the 6607/7317 base either)

LMGTFY ...

But wait ... first what does "compatible" mean to you? Same threads? Same BP dP? same efficiency?

Some folks have to have the exact right filter. Others are more flexible.

Where are you on this? It's going to take some effort on your part before we spoon feed you the answer.

They "should" fit as the threads are the same, but in my experience the different gasket diameters can be an issue depending on the sealing surface of the different engines. Because of this I use PH4967 sized filters on Kawasakis and PH3614 sized filters on the Briggs/Kohlers.

I have a couple spare ph3614. I care about the gasket location (no leaks) and threads.

Sounds like ph3614 is a better fit on the Kaw 651? I bought the mower today but won't have it for almost two weeks.

Been using Fram Ultra 4967 on my Kaw 691 since I got it in 2014. Also use it on Generac 999 V twin/20KW in my whole house generator.

I have a couple spare ph3614. I care about the gasket location (no leaks) and threads.

Sounds like ph3614 is a better fit on the Kaw 651? I bought the mower today but won't have it for almost two weeks.
I mean the 4967 is better?

Bought a TG4967. Wondering thoughts on oil type and weight? Plan to change at 10 hours. Spec is 10W-40, but yhat is hard to find unless in like ATV oil. And the 10 or 15w-50 that Kaw approves (due to oil consumption sojetimes with 0w-40) are harder to find.

These Kaw engines are new to me.

Thoughts?

Bought a TG4967. Wondering thoughts on oil type and weight? Plan to change at 10 hours. Spec is 10W-40, but yhat is hard to find unless in like ATV oil. And the 10 or 15w-50 that Kaw approves (due to oil consumption sojetimes with 0w-40) are harder to find.

Thoughts?
40wt is good for them. I run 15w40. Currently amsoil AME

Thoughts?
I run whatever flavor of 15w-40 strikes my fancy. Rotella T5 last year, Valvoline Premium Blue One solution this year. So far, hasn’t burnt a drop.

Back