Kat’s inline water heater; listed part no go

I wanted to add a lower radiator hose inline water heater to the truck when I had the cooling system apart for the water pump. Kat’s site as well as AZ’s site says a heater for a 1.5” hose diameter will work and that just isn’t the case. The lower outlet on the WP measures 1.88” so I’m guessing it needs to be a 1.75” hose. Their instructions specifically say to place it as close to the WP as possible.

From what I’ve seen so far, the 1.5” model is the only approved part. Am I missing something? I’m really starting to think it’s not worth the hassle. Lol.

Have you looked at the hose? A lot of hoses are larger where they hook to the water pump, or even to the radiator than the rest of the hose.

Decades ago I bought a heater from JC Whitney that splices into a heater hose of my father's Dodge Dart. Not sure if it actually did anything but thought it looked cool having the power cord sticking out of the grill. (We went on vacation to Alaska previously.)

Have you looked at the hose? A lot of hoses are larger where they hook to the water pump, or even to the radiator than the rest of the hose.

You might be onto something. Rock Auto says it’s a 1.5x1.75” hose.

Back