Kaspersky ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have had Kaspersky for 10 years now. I'm satisfied with it, but does it miss anything that some other provider would catch.
Please don't make this into a Ford is better than a Chevy thread- facts not opinions please.

thank you

When it comes to computer viruses, it's mostly opinions. I use microsoft security. It's free. It works. But then again, how are viruses going to get on your computer. Don't open suspicious attachments or go to weird websites and you're good.

I completed a test of enterprise endpoint solutions for a previous employer, this was a couple years ago.

We narrowed it down between ESET and TrendMicro.

Trend actually beat out ESET, but ESET gave us a better quote so we went with that.

On my own home network I buy Trend licenses on ebay for dimes and just use that. It works well with minimal intrusion.

Also consider some form of a "safer" dns that will block malware sites.

Other than that and firmware you should be set in the home.

Originally Posted by 928
I have had Kaspersky for 10 years now. I'm satisfied with it, but does it miss anything that some other provider would catch.
Please don't make this into a Ford is better than a Chevy thread- facts not opinions please.thank you

I too had Kaspersky for 10+ years, but this time I went with Bitdefender and it found a trojan that Kaspersky had missed.
There are some minor compatibility issues with my Mac & Bitdefender that I did not have with Kaspersky, but so far overall I'm pleased.

Originally Posted by 928
Please don't make this into a Ford is better than a Chevy thread- facts not opinions please.

thank you

Do you also have Malwarebytes? If not its a good addition to any anti-virus.

Another way to prevent viruses is to not let anyone use your PC. Especially your kids.

And to stop spreading of a virus, some routers have a guest option where any device under guest control cannot access any other guest, can only go out to the internet.

I've been on a Mac for the last couple of years, but when I had a WIndows machine, I never even ran AV. As the other gentleman said, don't click on attachments which is where you'll get killed.

I have been using Bit Defender for 10 years.. I also use Malware Bytes free version as a secondary scan also. Kaspersky, F Secure, ESET NOD32 also excellent choices.... I have seen more Malware than viruses on others computers, most are from gimmicky downloads (toolbars and coupon printers)

Most all of them miss something from time to time. Paid or free versions,None are 100% I use Avast free on our tower pc and the microsoft Defender on both of our laptops. About every 2-3 months I run the Microsoft Safety scanner and a Malwarebytes scan and on occasion a Superantispyware scan. All free, Download them ,run them as needed and remove them. Those 3 will catch anything the Avast or defender or whatever antivirus might miss. The most common thing they catch is "PUPs" and "tracking cookies" Our daughter has used Kapersky on her laptop through 4 years of college with no issues. Nothing wrong with Kapersky at all, but like any other it is not a bad idea to occasionally do a scan with MAlwarebytes or Microsoft Safety scanner. Use Kapersky and rest easy.

Originally Posted by 928

thank you

The best thing about Kaspersky is that if you want to be really sure they haven't missed a file on your PC you can just call up the FSB at the Kremlin and they'll review the results from the latest scan for free.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back