K&N, you can keep them. They fit like dung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 2 K&Ns I tried to install were POORLY sized. One for VW Golf and another for my A4. They are too narrow and form a hour-glass shape. I have a bunch accumulated now, probally EBay them. I should take of pic of them next to the correct-sized filters, sad.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
And they filter like dung too.....

Dear Mr Sparks:

It has come to our attention that you have been slandering dung, a product of our client, the Big Bullchitter, by comparing it to poorly made oil filters.

If you do not immediately cease such making such slanderous accusations, we will be forced to take legal action.

Ima Shyster, Esq

Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

I use the large pieces of dung stopped by those filters to feed my dung beetles.
 -

I wouldnt run anything else but a KN...had nothing but excellent results for many years....top quality and number one choice for **** near 100% of the boys at the track.

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
I wouldnt run anything else but a KN...had nothing but excellent results for many years....top quality and number one choice for **** near 100% of the boys at the track.

Exactly. The track is the only useful place for them.

The only K&N's we run are the 4" cones on a Cold Air Intake setup....never tried to fit one into a stock air box.....what does K&N have to say about your experience? Is there a fubar in the catalog as far as what part number is called out for your car?
The reason I am responding is simply K&N makes quality products...and frankly I am confused as to why you are having a fitment issue....I have seen part numbers at say an AutoZone call for the same air filter on a non-turbo charged Volvo and the same filter for the turbo-charged car...and of course it was dead wrong.....

the drop in I ordered for my isuzu rodeo fit perfectly.... which is suprising considering- this is an oddball vehicle for people to bother with any kinda "modding" like this....

but just because it fits my hole- doesn't neccessarily mean i'm going to keep it in there.. the more I read about their filtering ability- the more I am considering switching back to a paper style. I guess I'll put 30k on the K&N, then swap back to a paper so I can sleep better at night.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
And they filter like dung too.....

According to our very own Bobistheoilguy's tests....K&N filters filter better than Amsoil....hmmm

Ive never had a problem with any K&N filter.

Thousands of people jump out of airplanes every year, and survive. Should we draw any conclusions?

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Thousands of people jump out of airplanes every year, and survive. Should we draw any conclusions?

Yes we should...the conclusion is ....on the Internet you will find all kinds of folks...some with experience and maturity and some without.

As for the AF test mnetioned a) it was not run by BiTOG and b) it was not scientific. In fact........well I won't say it.

I will not badmouth K&N - in some applications they work fine, others not so good. Same with the old Amsoil AF's. Time will tell how good the new Amsoil AF's are.

quote:

quote:

Yes we should...the conclusion is ....on the Internet you will find all kinds of folks...some with experience and maturity and some without.

What are you trying to say? My post was sincere. Posting that you used a K&N and your engine didn't blow up means next to nothing. There are people who change their oil at 20,000 miles does that mean that it is a good idea for everyone?

I have a drop-in K&N air filter for my Maxima and my RX7 and both fit perfectly. Maybe the originator of the thread doesn't know how to fit them in the air cleaner.

quote:

quote:

quote:

What are you trying to say? My post was sincere. Posting that you used a K&N and your engine didn't blow up means next to nothing. There are people who change their oil at 20,000 miles does that mean that it is a good idea for everyone?

Hey TKeith....my comment was not in anyway meant to be directed to you....I just get " a little sore" when I see a Internet forum dog pile with out any substance or definitive data to backup any claims.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back