K&N cut open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K&N HP- 2010 was in service for 2 5k Intervals in my van with Castrol Synblend 5w20-5w30 oil, it looks solid, I went back with the same filter and oil for another 2 - 5k intervals.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty much identical to the Mobil 1 oil filter.

Originally Posted by nlife
Wow. That looks like it's barely been used.

Because that engine is already clean inside,
and the warm Florida weather means the engine seldom sees a rich start cycle (unlike the cold north)

Originally Posted by benjy
looks good + shows the Chinese can make decent parts!

Their spelling is pretty poor also -

[Linked Image]

What is the difference between the white and black can K&N other than the wrench adapter?

Originally Posted by Bettez88
Just looked at the hp-1010 in Walmart and it's an e-core now

That stinks...

My jaw dropped when reading your reply. If that's true and see no reason to doubt what you saw, I'll look for changes in the Champ Mobil-1 filters too.

All good if they don't leak right away at the bottom nut welds. My son's mustang made a mess when he started it up with a K&M that had a burned through weld.

Originally Posted by ammolab
All good if they don't leak right away at the bottom nut welds. My son's mustang made a mess when he started it up with a K&M that had a burned through weld.

I was just about to mention the leaking welds.

No way I'd use any K&N oil filter.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by ammolab

I was just about to mention the leaking welds.

No way I'd use any K&N oil filter.

I've run nothing but FL820S oil filters on a Crown Victoria with 350,000 miles with no issues but they are the "worst oil filter, etc etc"

Same with these K&N, I've ran so many and not 1-issue

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

My jaw dropped when reading your reply. If that's true and see no reason to doubt what you saw, I'll look for changes in the Champ Mobil-1 filters too.

I looked at the Mobil 1 and it was still a metal center tube just the updated base plate

Originally Posted by FowVay
Originally Posted by benjy
looks good + shows the Chinese can make decent parts!

Their spelling is pretty poor also -

[Linked Image]

I only buy Chinese made part as a "last resort"

Curious if that came from your van because I see "820" printed on the bottom cap of the filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lubener
Curious if that came from your van because I see "820" printed on the bottom cap of the filter.

Yes it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back