JWS 3309/T-IV - Total FluidMatic MV?

After an exhaustive search a small spare parts shop for Toyota and suzuki confirmed they have 4 litre jugs of T-IV in stock. Have to pop in to see if its the real stuff. 80 bucks.

Originally Posted by Brit33
After an exhaustive search a small spare parts shop for Toyota and suzuki confirmed they have 4 litre jugs of T-IV in stock. Have to pop in to see if its the real stuff. 80 bucks.
If it says JWS3309 use it

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey

They said it is Original Toyota T-IV. Must be the big 4 litre metal can.

This should be good to go in shouldn't it? Same stuff as 3309 I understood.

Last edited:
^^^ as a 3x volvo owner I would not tend to agree with this. I've stayed with 3309 or amsoil. A few years ago when I did my research, the clutch material was specific to the 3309 spec.

Type T-IV ATF is JWS3309 specs. Good to go.

Type T-IV ATF is JWS3309 specs. Good to go.

Shame we can't find a Toyota spec sheet that says it is jws3309. Doesn't say it on the Toyota jug like aisin t-iv does unfortunately.
I have a reservation about putting in the Toyota t-iv though.

Also confusing info - Manual for the Aveo 2011 in English specifies T-IV but mine in Spanish 2011 (same 4 speed tranny) specifies 3309. Is this just for geographical/business reasons? I know Mobil has had most of the market here in the last 10 years.
Trannies are the same aren't they?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Order it from America - unsure if fluids can be shipped across continents. Else order it from neighboring country via ground.

Checking the oil today its looking pretty dirty. Original from the factory. The original aisin is a yellow colour I believe like zf 6hp fluid. I can imagine I'll need to do 3 drain and refills at least. So I'll buy another 4 litre can of Toyota t-iv. Really expensive here about 20 usd a litre. Mobil is the same maybe a little more expensive.

Sump removed and cleaned. New filter in. 3 litres drained.
In the following 7 days I did a further 2 drain and refills using 2 litres each time.

Toyota t-iv used.

Hi,

Looking to do another drain/refill.

Can I mix Total Fluide XLD FE with Toyota T-IV?
Last time it was filled and drain 2 times with Toyota T-IV.
I want to do another drain/fill but the prices of the Toyota T-IV have shot up and only come in 4lt containers.
Looking at
Total
I see Total Fluide XLD FE is compatible with the aisin warner/T-IV/JWS3309.
Can I mix this with the current Toyota T-IV?
Thanks

Any Volvo dealers? 2000 to ~ 2010 Volvos used T-IV or 3309
Nope unfortunately not. Only 1 shop here in Uruguay sells the Toyota T-IV.

The Total Fluide XLD FE comes in 1 litre containers and the tech pdf says 'meets the requirements' for Aisin/T-IV etc Always a confusing topic.

By the looks of it G3 is just a version of Dex III by Total. Looks like the MV is not equivalent at all.

Back to ordering Mobil 3309 from overseas I think.
I buy Mobil 3309 by the case from Summit Racing to avoid having to look all over for it. If you find a Mobil jobber, they may be able to get it for you. I definitely wouldn't use Dexron III.

Back