just wax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All I'm lookin for a Wax only
I want to put it ontop of either Zaino or NTX
I use both products (different cars)
I want to be able to put a sacrificial top coat
so I need something that WILL NOT remove what I have on already
and I want to be able to get it at a regular auto parts store like PEP boys, Auto Zone.......
thanx abunch
Rob

Meguiar's #26 yellow wax! It is an excellent topper if you use NXT, the guys at the Meguiar's online message forum all recommend this combo.

P21S ($27-$32)is a great topper.
Great shine.
S100 carnauba wax is said to be the same formula as P21S and is half the price at around $15.

Big fan of One Grand Blitz wax...but you'll have a hard time finding it locally. You might also consider using Collinite, I understand it probably is one of the most durable carnauba waxes. Again, you may have trouble locating it locally.

S100 can be found at Harley Davidson dealers. For about $15.00 it's a steal. Nice bright shine, very easy to use and will not stain trim.

It's hard to know for sure if a carnauba wax will or will not remove some or all of the underlying sealant. Lots of people say it won't but I've talked to several mfrs, including Sal Zaino, and they're not totally convinced about the solvents in wax not removing some of the sealant. It's a tricky chemical interaction that's almost impossible to validate.

Regardless, if you want to top a sealant, S100 gets my vote.

I would think the key in not letting the possibility of a top coat of wax taking off the underlying sealant is to make sure you use the thinnest coat of wax possible. This is very easy to do when paint is properly prepped, proper wash, and clay bar.

I have found that using a clay bar makes me use much less product, and the product goes on a lot smoother, esp wax when i dont have time to do all the other steps. The foam or microfiber applictor I use to apply wax by hand just glides over the surface when i clay bar, more effort and more wax when i dont clay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back