Just “detailed “ the Lexus

I truly enjoy reading and looking at the pictures of all the excellent detail jobs posted here. For many years I would spend an entire day cleaning, waxing and interior detailing. Many of the waxes I used required doing no more than 1 square foot at a time for fear of never being able to remove the wax. Zymol comes to mind.

Now, at close to 70, I no longer have the energy or motivation. But I still like my cars to look like I spent the entire day!
My current technique is to run it through a local car wash. I have a monthly plan that allows for as many washes as I want. I usually do once a week. It is not brushless, but the brushes seem to be doing no harm when evaluating the finish closely. I finish with Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramic. Interior I use Griot interior cleaner. Entire process takes less than an hour. I only use the Turtle Wax twice a year. So far,

Not too bad for a 2015 seven year old finish. The car is garaged at night but out all day summer and winter.

Attachments

• 19CAAE6C-9A42-44E4-A93E-981B53459A7A.jpeg
    19CAAE6C-9A42-44E4-A93E-981B53459A7A.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 9307D109-66A6-4B4D-BCFB-91B64D18A0DB.jpeg
    9307D109-66A6-4B4D-BCFB-91B64D18A0DB.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 159
  • F3B75556-2C8C-48DE-9A7B-1E855343F510.jpeg
    F3B75556-2C8C-48DE-9A7B-1E855343F510.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 159
Very nice. I appreciate when I see a car that has been taken care of like that. Says lots about the owner. I try by I have three young grandkids and they are frequently passengers in my cars so it is a constant struggle.

You can use the Griots Interior cleaner on the steering wheel and seats also. You will be amazed how much dirt comes off with a microfiber towel.

I took the wifes 2018 Elantra GT to a local tunnel wash and got the top wash for $19.95 free vacuums included.
I wanted to get as much dirt off as possible and then applied Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramic just like the OP.
I'm in the same boat as him I'm 75 and dont want to do a lot of fussing over cars anymore.
Took about an hour to do the spray and wipe taking my time.
My wife noticed right away how much better her car looked.

You can use the Griots Interior cleaner on the steering wheel and seats also. You will be amazed how much dirt comes off with a microfiber towel.
Agree. I use it on all those surfaces when I do the interior.

I took the wifes 2018 Elantra GT to a local tunnel wash and got the top wash for $19.95 free vacuums included.
I wanted to get as much dirt off as possible and then applied Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramic just like the OP.
I'm in the same boat as him I'm 75 and dont want to do a lot of fussing over cars anymore.
Took about an hour to do the spray and wipe taking my time.
My wife noticed right away how much better her car looked.
I helped out the drought we are having here.
Washed and sprayed Ceramic on the car on Sunday.
Today it is raining. :cry:

I really like the tan leather in that GS. mine is full black… which is the only color I could find it in when I was looking. Looks sharp, refined, and classy. Nice detail!

I really like the tan leather in that GS. mine is full black… which is the only color I could find it in when I was looking. Looks sharp, refined, and classy. Nice detail!
Thanks. It is called flaxen. A bit more brown in it than tan.

Looks great! I do about the same detailing only I use a dewalt 20 volt brushless buffer to remove the wax. You gotta love endless monthly car washes.

Back