Just rolled over 50,000 miles

On my 2009 Harley Superglide TC 96”. My son and I rode about 90 miles Sunday and the old girl ran as good as the day I bought it. I hadn’t ridden since mid November and At 72 I don’t ride as much as I used to, but it’s in the garage when I need to scratch the itch.

IMG_0628.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

KIMG0276.jpeg

On my 2009 Harley Superglide TC 96”. My son and I rode about 90 miles Sunday and the old girl ran as good as the day I bought it. I hadn’t ridden since mid November and At 72 I don’t ride as much as I used to, but it’s in the garage when I need to scratch the itch.

View attachment 213399

View attachment 213400

View attachment 213403
Great looking bike and glad to hear you are still riding. I’m 67 and hope to keep riding until my time on earth is done.

Nice, now that we are almost settled in our new home I need to get out on the bike again more often. I was looking at cars yesterday in Myrtle Beach and actually stopped by a dealer (its bike week and bikes all over here) driving my SUV :(
I kept my head low and we walked around and my wife laughing because I was wearing white sneakers with bright shoelaces

IMG_7924.JPG

I’m headed to Myrtle Beach in the morning for a week so I’ll catch the last couple of days. I’ll be driving my truck so……🙃
It seems that according to a family member who lived down here for the last 7 years that there is less at the northern end of Myrtle beach then there used to be. Where I took the photo was South Strand near the Surfside area.

I guess the main action is and has always been Murrells Inlet.
Ive never been to bike week, just moved here last year. Still lots of bikes but as you get further south there are many more.

Hopefully next year a trip to Murrells Inlet. Which should be maybe an hour from me.
Never been in the area during this time of year and never been to that famous bar that you can't repeat in here or they may delete it. But the three words start with S, B, B, Weird to type out but it's just the name of a bar. Just google= SBB bar Murrells Inlet SC

Also Memorial Day week is what is known as Black Bike week, family member actually loves going to Cherry Grove Beach near Little RIver because the bikes are amazing in the way they are re-done. Must put thousands into them or 10s of thousands.

It seems that according to a family member who lived down here for the last 7 years that there is less at the northern end of Myrtle beach then there used to be. Where I took the photo was South Strand near the Surfside area.

I guess the main action is and has always been Murrells Inlet.
Ive never been to bike week, just moved here last year. Still lots of bikes but as you get further south there are many more.

Hopefully next year a trip to Murrells Inlet. Which should be maybe an hour from me.
Never been in the area during this time of year and never been to that famous bar that you can't repeat in here or they may delete it. But the three words start with S, B, B, Weird to type out but it's just the name of a bar. Just google= SBB bar Murrells Inlet SC

Also Memorial Day week is what is known as Black Bike week, family member actually loves going to Cherry Grove Beach near Little RIver because the bikes are amazing in the way they are re-done. Must put thousands into them or 10s of thousands.
The city of Myrtle Beach has done everything it can to run the bikers off. Therefore most activities are north and south of the city. Regular bike week has always been peaceful and lucrative for the local economy. The former mayor who started the harassment of the bikers is hated by the local businesses. Going in many businesses you will see signs that say (3 initials not welcome here”. Former mayor’s initials. Black bike week is a different story.

The city of Myrtle Beach has done everything it can to run the bikers off. Therefore most activities are north and south of the city. Regular bike week has always been peaceful and lucrative for the local economy. The former mayor who started the harassment of the bikers is hated by the local businesses. Going in many businesses you will see signs that say (3 initials not welcome here”. Former mayor’s initials. ...
Ok you opened the door and gives me a chance to say this. Let me start by saying we LOVE the new home that we moved it here on the coast last year. We are right over the border on the NC side. Actually a huge Harley Dealer not far away and they have their tents up too.
Our side of the border is more country, gorgeous beaches, no massive hotels etc.

With that said, we regularly ride to the SC side for various reasons when we want the crowds and attractions. It's really the best of both worlds where we are. I have family on the SC side too and before our move here we live in the midlands of SC and every summer we rented a condo in one of the giant tower resorts every year for over a decade. Love it.

Ok, with that out of the way, I think too many from the north might be in local government now. Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach, Little River to some extent has turned into the LAND OF NO!

Taxes going up, go out to dinner PAY 11% SALES TAX on your meal. Over 8% on your store purchases. Want a bag to put your groceries or merchandise in? NO, NO plastic bags allowed, out of luck, settle for paper. Except Walmart has heavy plastic bags you get for free as they can be re-used is how they got around it.

The beaches, this is HORRBILE, want to go to the beach??? No matter where you park now, any place, even side streets $5 (FIVE DOLLARS) an hour to park, automated machines and you use your credit card. If your a local, you can pay for a permit but only a limited amount are sold, so even as a homeowner your stuck paying this crazy parking fee. Not only that but they now banned parking for beach goers on the center median at the beach which was allowed for 50 years.

It's amazing, as much as I love going there I stay on this side of the NC border for a lot of stuff. Our beaches are nicer by far, no parking fees though I wish there would be if you dont live here because we are getting people crossing the border from their own homes to use our beaches free. Sales tax 6.75 no matter where you go.

Im making up a new name for Myrtle Beach, what is more fitting? Little New York? Or Little Manhattan? :unsure:
They will succeed one day of ruining a great resort town by saddling people with fees and making them not feel welcome. All these fees, where does the money go? Things are still nice but not knock your socks off resort nice. Im telling you, they are whatever ...

Yes, the businesses love the bikers, the signs up EVERYWHERE "Bikers Welcome" but I fear there is this certain mentality that we cant talk about as politics are banned in here. Let's just call in northern influences. (and I am from the north but escaped years ago)

Full disclosure, only thing I HATE about NC is I have to get my vehicles inspected here every two years. SC no inspections.

Last edited:
I have seen what you are talking about. My sister lived in the 48th st area before her passing. I noticed all the growth when visiting her. New residents are from the north. Just this past week, the sheriff of Lee county Fl. Had a press conference where he said people from up north are welcome in Fl. But leave your voting patterns up north. In Fl they uphold the law, protect children and don’t let people out of jail prematurely. Personally I don’t think it works. People don’t change their habits.
A while back we were looking to build a house in Aiken, SC. While looking at a lot, the neighbor came out and talked to us. He was from Long Island and loved it there. He said his relatives would come down and visit and want to move there. He stopped telling them how happy he was because he didn’t want anymore of them to move down there.

I have seen what you are talking about. My sister lived in the 48th st area before her passing. I noticed all the growth when visiting her. New residents are from the north. Just this past week, the sheriff of Lee county Fl. Had a press conference where he said people from up north are welcome in Fl. But leave your voting patterns up north. In Fl they uphold the law, protect children and don’t let people out of jail prematurely. Personally I don’t think it works. People don’t change their habits.
A while back we were looking to build a house in Aiken, SC. While looking at a lot, the neighbor came out and talked to us. He was from Long Island and loved it there. He said his relatives would come down and visit and want to move there. He stopped telling them how happy he was because he didn’t want anymore of them to move down there.
We didn’t live that far from Aiken within 45 minutes or so on the other side of Lake Murray

I feel the same way. The original New York is who came down here held the traditional values which were conservative in nature. I don’t want the place to be ruined.

Back