Just got a mini dumptruck

neat little tool! if the Mahindras that look like jeeps they would proly put jeep out of business!! USA is a country of excess in many ways + with so many freebees people dont even want to work!!!

Looks like your full size truck has reproduced. What length bed is that? Looks like it would be long enough to carry 8' lumber.
I have not measured it but it will hold lumber fine, even long pieces, the sides and the back drop independently.

Found the tires:

I actually went with the Geolander G003. They came in yesterday, here they are next to the F250 stock AT tires.
PXL_20210618_124939907.jpg

PXL_20210618_124957166.jpg

PXL_20210618_125007990.jpg

PXL_20210618_125016823.jpg

PXL_20210618_125027507.jpg

Looks like your Hijet came straight out of Japan. It has right handed steering wheel on it. 660cc engine will do you good service. In Asia, you will see a lot of 125cc engine motorcycles with sidecars hauling heavy stuffs. Daihatsu is well known Japanese brand. Your only problem you will encounter is parts. Ordering them from Japan will take weeks.
Yup, straight from Japan. Daihatsu is made by toyota so should be dependable, I know it is the #1 selling kei truck in Japan.

Is the 660 engine a single cylinder with a belt drive transmission? Thinking something like the Yamaha Grizzly or Rhino 660s had
660 cc 3 cyl with auto trans. I wanted 5 speed but it was not available at the time. I bought the auto because it also has AC which is a harder option to get. KF-VE engine 53hp 44ft/lb torque. Revs high but apparently supposed to be that way redline is somewhere in the upper 7k region I think.

Last edited:
Ive been looking at those for a while now. Just curious, if you dont mind, what did it cost?
You can get new ones between 17k and 22k depending on options. Used ones go for 3k up for decent ones. If you import ot yourself you can save a ton of money.

Any decently made CUV would crumple that thing in a crash...sorry to spoil the love fest................

Are they all right hand drive?
Yes unless you get a Chinese rig or one modded for US consumption

Check out Miles zx40st, it’s an antique but a good test bed for modding a street legal platform

Any decently made CUV would crumple that thing in a crash...sorry to spoil the love fest................

The government disagrees with you
Kei cars are no less safe than a traditional compact car from the US, differences in mass are still bad but no different for a compact hitting a truck vrs a k hitting a truck.

now the problem that comes in is
ANY 25+ year old car is total garbage in a crash, doesn’t matter if it’s a Suburban or a Kei car, they are all terrible

Yet despite this I can still drive a motorcycle wearing shorts and no helmet 100mph on the highway and literally nobody cares about it’s safety

Last edited:
Street legal but is says off road use only? My uncle has one and they are illegal to drive here in MN.
It's a county by county thing in Minnesota. I have 2 of them and if I license them as ATV's I'm legal to drive township roads, county roads, and cross over state highways. I live in Otter Tail county. The next county over is much more restrictive. If they are over 25 years old they don't have to be licensed at all in my county.

I see the perfect blank canvas for a bro truck. Put a nice lift on it and some huge tires!

Yes unless you get a Chinese rig or one modded for US consumption

Check out Miles zx40st, it’s an antique but a good test bed for modding a street legal platform

The government disagrees with you
Kei cars are no less safe than a traditional compact car from the US, differences in mass are still bad but no different for a compact hitting a truck vrs a k hitting a truck.

now the problem that comes in is
ANY 25+ year old car is total garbage in a crash, doesn’t matter if it’s a Suburban or a Kei car, they are all terrible

Yet despite this I can still drive a motorcycle wearing shorts and no helmet 100mph on the highway and literally nobody cares about it’s safety

Where are the crumple zones in front of the driver? There isn't any area to be crumpled.

Back