Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of talk about Pennzoil Euro formula on BITOG but little about Kendall GT-1 Euro. Why? Cost? Specs? Applicability? From Hicorp the shipping is free. Not appealing enough? Am really interested in your perspectives.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Availability.

They get it to me in about three days. Is it just that people want it immediately available on the shelf of the local parts store or they dont trust continued availability via a shipping arrangement?

PU Euro isn't exactly easily available either. I mean, you won't find it in local stores. It has to be ordered online as well.

PU Euro 5w-40 is now GTL based with very low NOACK. This may be one reason some are attracted to it.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
Originally Posted By: dparm
Availability.

They get it to me in about three days. Is it just that people want it immediately available on the shelf of the local parts store or they dont trust continued availability via a shipping arrangement?

Yes availability. What makes an oil so far superior than what i can buy off the shelf to justify the trouble of ordering and having it shipped?

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Yes availability. What makes an oil so far superior than what i can buy off the shelf to justify the trouble of ordering and having it shipped?

I thought he was comparing it to PU Euro which isn't any easier to get and requires mail order as well.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Lack of awareness. This is the first Ive heard of it.

What is nock and tbn?

JHZR2,

Have not seen a NOAC but some numbers for the 5W/40 that you might find interesting:
TBN: 9.2 HTHS: 3.7 Flash Point: 451 F Pour Point: -44 VI: 170

GT-1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, SAE 5W-40, meets or exceeds the
requirements of:
• API Service SM, CF
• ACEA A3/B3-04, A3/B4-04
GT-1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, SAE 5W-40, is fully approved for
service fill under the following OEM specifications:
• BMW Longlife-01 Oil
• Mercedes-Benz Sheet 229.5
• Porsche A40 (excludes Cayenne V6 for extended drain &
Cayenne diesel)
• VW Standard 505.00, 502.00

They also have a 5W/30 Euro it is low-SAPS; if you get it from the COP fulfillment center it take about three-five days and shipping is free.

Not only nothing special, but silly that their only euro product caters to the diesel market which is almost nonexistent here.

Well I would say you all have done a good job of answering my original question: it is shaping up to be "nothing-special" specs and limited applicability. I really do like that 455 F flashpoint though especially for turbos.

I Love the Kendall Peace sign. That has always been reason enough for Me to buy it. Though I havent ever bought much, because of availability. Is the 5w-40 weight the Euro formula your talking about, pscholte?

Yes, I Also like the 455F Flash point,.. thats High. What is GCs Flash point again? Last Kendall I bought was back in early 2009, from a Kendall Lube joint, I wanted 10w-30, and all they had was bulk, so they put 6 quarts Kendall 10w-30 Semi_Syn in 6 Castrol GTX 20w-50 bottles they were throwing away. That one still feels Weird. I ended up putting it in a 96 Dodge 3500 8Liter V10 plumbing truck that was 4 quarts low at work...Good use of it I guess.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
Yes, I Also like the 455F Flash point,.. thats High. What is GCs Flash point again? Last Kendall I bought was back in early 2009, from a Kendall Lube joint, I wanted 10w-30, and all they had was bulk, so they put 6 quarts Kendall 10w-30 Semi_Syn in 6 Castrol GTX 20w-50 bottles they were throwing away. That one still feels Weird. I ended up putting it in a 96 Dodge 3500 8Liter V10 plumbing truck that was 4 quarts low at work...Good use of it I guess.

All Mid-SAPS and LOw-SAPS oils have higher flash point!
GC has lower as well as M1 0W40, T6 etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back