Just added a third chevy to my fleet

JTK

A 2021 Chevy Equinox LT AWD. 35K miles on it. I eliminated the stop/start on it as soon as I got it home with a $10 hood switch bypass harness. Next up is some ATF drain/fills. This was a lease return with oil changes and dealer service per the carfax every ~5K miles. Paid $19500+TTL for it.

nox.jpg

Just to add to the above, I wound up buying this used Equinox at a Mazda dealership. I also looked at and drove a 2021 Mazda CX-5 with about 20K miles on it. This dealer had 3 lease turn-ins, all with ~30K or less miles on them and good service records per the carfax (what ever that is worth).

What shied me away from the CX-5's was rust. The two I looked at either had a small rust spot under one of the doors, or where the rear license plate mounts, or on areas under the lift gate. I couldn't get them under about $22500 for these CX-5s. I found them to be super nice though. LOVED the interior quality, layout and the 2.5L, 6AT, AWD drive-train.

Anything 2021 has surface rust underneath it in my area. I'm used to it and used to treating it with woolwax, etc.

I’m so glad that I don’t live up north where rust destroys a perfectly fine car. Between the rust and the cold, I’d go mad. 🤪

Congrats on the Equinox! 🍻

Reactions: JTK
Back