John Deere AM125424 C&P

That look like a Sogefi(Purflux) can
In Brazil, Sogefi sold their Brazilian business. So, not sure who/what controls the plant, since you don't see the 'chevron' pleats here.

Partnerships, mergers, acquisitions.. only makes it more confusing.... older photo of their filter can design:

View attachment 145577
Looks like they are owned by Premium Guard now

Attachments

• 4FC7566C-87EE-4E9A-8B84-FAD1D5769CAD.jpg
    4FC7566C-87EE-4E9A-8B84-FAD1D5769CAD.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 17
I picked up a new filter for my Gator yesterday and noticed that they have changed suppliers again. The old Gator/Lawn tractor filters were Champ made ecore filters with a blue top end bypass valve and black rubber adbv. Hey we’re USA made and about $6-7. Now they are made in Brazil with a can design that I’ve never seen before. They media is thick and not brittle. The top side bypass is very Fram like. It has a thick heavy baseplate and black rubber adbv. It looks like a solid filter and possibly an improvement over the last version but it’s $11 now. Anyone have a clue on the true manufacturer?
View attachment 145215View attachment 145216View attachment 145217View attachment 145218View attachment 145219View attachment 145220View attachment 145221
Thank you for your post! We have an LA135 and I’ve been using Motorcraft FL-910S filters on it due to a suggestion some years back claiming they were better than the Deere filters.

I bought a Deere filter this year on Amazon and it showed a P/N AM125424c online with 7 holes. When I got it it was exactly like the one in you post. I suspected it was a knock-off / fake.

I have already put on another Motorcraft but am wondering if the John Deer may be better? Looks like it has a better relief valve. I attached pics as well.

I am not sure if I should return the John Deere filter to Amazon or keep it for the future.

Any opinions or thoughts would be welcomed.

IMG_6569.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

IMG_6561.jpeg

IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6558.jpeg

I have already put on another Motorcraft but am wondering if the John Deer may be better? Looks like it has a better relief valve.
What makes you think the bypass valve on the JD filter is better?

I thought it looked like it had a spring and nylon holder and the Motocraft didn’t seem to when I looked. But, I an a rookie in all this.😬

Let me know if that’s wrong.

And thanks for the reply!

Looks like the FL910S you have is the original design with the base end bypass valve. Nothing to worry about. Also look at the video at time 11:10 to get a close-up of the Motorcraft bypass valve setup.

Thank you for your post! We have an LA135 and I’ve been using Motorcraft FL-910S filters on it due to a suggestion some years back claiming they were better than the Deere filters.

I bought a Deere filter this year on Amazon and it showed a P/N AM125424c online with 7 holes. When I got it it was exactly like the one in you post. I suspected it was a knock-off / fake.

I have already put on another Motorcraft but am wondering if the John Deer may be better? Looks like it has a better relief valve. I attached pics as well.

I am not sure if I should return the John Deere filter to Amazon or keep it for the future.

Any opinions or thoughts would be welcomed.
It’s a small engine oil filter, either/any one is fine.

Keep the JD one and run it next change with no worries.

Back