John Deere AM125424 C&P

I picked up a new filter for my Gator yesterday and noticed that they have changed suppliers again. The old Gator/Lawn tractor filters were Champ made ecore filters with a blue top end bypass valve and black rubber adbv. Hey we’re USA made and about $6-7. Now they are made in Brazil with a can design that I’ve never seen before. They media is thick and not brittle. The top side bypass is very Fram like. It has a thick heavy baseplate and black rubber adbv. It looks like a solid filter and possibly an improvement over the last version but it’s $11 now. Anyone have a clue on the true manufacturer?
FF4A1D80-95CD-4EF0-A899-826607DBD899.jpeg
F7399B99-7494-4454-89FA-C50C35A9F373.jpeg
6B0617FE-D624-4BFC-8D79-17C0D69BC80A.jpeg
1640DB5E-2E7D-444E-A255-216ED3A7826A.jpeg
9B3495BB-9D39-4712-9A83-19A63B83EBF3.jpeg
DACC7CD8-7872-4703-B7DD-3B4E5637D9C6.jpeg
8C3E8211-DAAC-4621-8546-BDAFC5B500A9.jpeg

I picked up a new filter for my Gator yesterday and noticed that they have changed suppliers again. The old Gator/Lawn tractor filters were Champ made ecore filters with a blue top end bypass valve and black rubber adbv. Hey we’re USA made and about $6-7. Now they are made in Brazil with a can design that I’ve never seen before. They media is thick and not brittle. The top side bypass is very Fram like. It has a thick heavy baseplate and black rubber adbv. It looks like a solid filter and possibly an improvement over the last version but it’s $11 now. Anyone have a clue on the true manufacturer?

Dunno who makes it but louvers look like China made GM OEM filter I cut open recently.

Thank You for pics 👍🇨🇦🇺🇸

Many commercial mower operators use a Fram 3614 oversize filter on their
tractors and zero-turn units. Cross to your favored brand of filter. newer version appears
larger/taller.
Another c/p Old version:

My 2¢

Last edited:
Looks good. Wondering who makes/made it. The baseplate has a Wix-ish design with shiny ring encircling plate. And the new M&H Wix Protec PXL now uses similar bypass and compression spring in one design. As seen, some JD were ecores. A shame they moved coo on topic application, imo. For $6-7, not bad especially for an OPE filter.

If room permits though, many 3614 and equivalent automotive options available.

Solid looking OPE filter.

Probably going with a Supertech 3614 solely on price. I already cut the one I was going to use so I have to get another anyway. I wanted to see what it looked like before using one and although it seems good quality, the cost is holding me back from buying another one. Or maybe not. Who knows what I’ll do.

It looks to be across the board with they smaller filters. Champ on the right “ Brazil” left

Attachments

• 97D20D5E-D428-4EC1-B13D-116CBE86B04D.jpeg
    97D20D5E-D428-4EC1-B13D-116CBE86B04D.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 9F6FA2A0-299A-45E7-ABED-8E4FA2FECD67.jpeg
    9F6FA2A0-299A-45E7-ABED-8E4FA2FECD67.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 52
I usually just put a Supertech or Fram 4967 on my John Deere riding mower. John Deere is charging Fram XG and above pricing these days for a lesser quality mower filter.

Never again but I picked up a John Deere filter for the 318G skid steer at the dealer. Payed around 30$ for some sort of Korean or maybe Quangdong region of China made. Absolute rip off. JD and their markup can f right off.

So basically looks like cardboard, and I presume ecores are on the cheaper end of the line?
No, the eCore center tube is made out of high temperature nylon. If designed correctly with no large "windows", they work fine. You can see the eCore "cage" in this photo.

1679016956229.png

1679016581266.png

Last edited:
Looks good. Wondering who makes/made it. The baseplate has a Wix-ish design with shiny ring encircling plate. And the new M&H Wix Protec PXL now uses similar bypass and compression spring in one design. As seen, some JD were ecores. A shame they moved coo on topic application, imo. For $6-7, not bad especially for an OPE filter.

If room permits though, many 3614 and equivalent automotive options available.

Solid looking OPE filter.
The nylon cage center tube is exclusive to Champ Labs. They make filters under contract for many brands. Generally high flow with the nylon center tube.

My 2¢

The nylon cage center tube is exclusive to Champ Labs. They make filters under contract for many brands. Generally high flow with the nylon center tube.

My 2¢
Okayy. Don't think I indicated otherwise in my previous quoted post. Perhaps confusion from where I stated, a shame they moved production coo, referencing OP's topic filter. Champ Labs been making ecore tubes for quite a while now, but not point of post.

As for the "high flow" assertion, never bought that line when first intro'd or now. As stated here many times this subforum, filter can't flow more than the inner diameter area of the engine block mounting stud. Any tube design, holes, louvers or cage will be at least equal, likely more than that. Same goes for inlet holes.

That said, nothing against the ecore nylon cage filter design. Think it works well, especially now with the separate dome bypass on them. Metal caps on many/most now a nice addition too, imo.

Last edited:
That look like a Sogefi(Purflux) can
In Brazil, Sogefi sold their Brazilian business. So, not sure who/what controls the plant, since you don't see the 'chevron' pleats here.

Partnerships, mergers, acquisitions.. only makes it more confusing.... older photo of their filter can design:

filter.jpg

Back